Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Step illumination with on/off control extra option

I checked and the option I ordered was the same one “9N2 Trittstufenbeleuchtung vorne” till today I believed on what the dealer told me and was confirmed by the German forum that it was the footwell lights, if it is outside I don’t know what it is.
I do indeed agree with you. The option 9N2 is for the footwell lights. The awning light is standard fit.

I do indeed agree with you. The option 9N2 is for the footwell lights. The awning light is standard fit.
Where’s your on/off control for them?

Where’s your on/off control for them?
That is the bit I don’t understand Andy. There does not appear to be any user control over these footwell/step lights and as you can see in my photo above they aren’t even a nice white light.
My brief research has confirmed to me, at least, that the external light above the sliding door is a standard fit and I’ve heard from someone who does not have footwell/step lights fitted in their GC600.

I think you must be right, I’m going to demand an on/ off switch, I’ve paid for one!

I’m not able to check now but maybe the switch is the same one used to the cabin lights? I mean when the button is off the lights cabin/footwell stay off and when is on all lights turn on? Will try tomorrow.

Mine is also this ugly yellow light! Maybe we can replace with a led light

awning light terrible i have buy. is same than interrogation lamp from security service meeting where demand answer from you ussr you face.

light too much is white intensity and not is suitable pleasure to use. extra bad news is this lamp is brain of self - when i night time close van this light brain decide self to illumination all area and is other peoples sudden awareness you not asleep.

is cheap buy - is cost much bad conveniences. better is you buy pleasant lamp.
You can turn the awning light off via the control panel so it doesn’t light up upon locking/unlocking the vehicle. It’s in the settings/lights “Welcome/Goodbye”

You can turn the awning light off via the control panel so it doesn’t light up upon locking/unlocking the vehicle. It’s in the settings/lights “Welcome/Goodbye”
Thank you this good knowing and i will be make change Light can be extinguish permanent.

I have a MAN TGE due to be delivered any day. In the spec of the order I included 9N2 Step light illumination which was listed in the MAN options list as...

'Step illumination
The exit lights are integrated in the instrument panel and illuminate the bottom of the step when the doors are opened.
Description
Customer benefit
Illuminates the steps in the cab and so helps people to get in and out safely.'

There are other packages which include 9N2 and two of those include the words...

'Step lighting at the front, switch-off'

When my vehicle is delivered I will let you know if there is a switchable option on mine.

Back