Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Stolen spare wheel

Neilos

Neilos

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all, I know this is a well covered topic. My spare was stolen some time during the last 24 hours. Pretty safe area normally no bother. Anyone know the best place to get a replacement? VW will want an arm and a leg I presume. I do have one of those TPS spare shops near work, I’ll give them a ring.

Also now ordering that spare safe I put off a few weeks ago, will that make sure it doesn’t get taken again or do I need to do something else?

Thanks all, so very annoyed with myself, wife told me I was paranoid, intended to order a spare safe never go round to it.

Cheers

N.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would get a wheel find a cheap tyre it would only be a get you home wheel until puncher is repaired then paint your reg number on the sidewall or paint it white

Tyreleader for the rim, unless you buy one previously stolen listed on eBay.

Plenty of cheap wheels on eBay. I suspect many aren’t stolen - they just come from the frenetic need VW owners have to upgrade their wheels. Search on ‘nearest to me’.

Thanks all, does anyone know the size wheel and tyre I’d need? I’d never taken the wheel out and looked at it other than underneath. My van as 17inch alloys, the spare was a steel one.

Thanks all, does anyone know the size wheel and tyre I’d need? I’d never taken the wheel out and looked at it other than underneath. My van as 17inch alloys, the spare was a steel one.

Rim is 7Jx17 ET55 5x120 65.1 (that’s the Tyreleader one for the Cali).

Have a look at your tyre size on the van, as they do vary. Also, make sure the load rating of any tyre you use is correct.

Its a problem on so many vehicles, my dads Mitsubishi truck had the security setup from them and it still got stolen.

That said the sparesafe seems to have a very good record and my spare is still there after 4 years. Nothing is foolproof but it will put off the opportunist hopefully.

I guess you can store an alloy wheel under there? There are often people selling their old wheels on here, the tread is irrelevant as it's a just incase.

Does anyone know if the stock spare wheel as the same tyre as the rest of the Cali, I've got all weather tyres, so is my spare all weather?

Hi all, I know this is a well covered topic. My spare was stolen some time during the last 24 hours. Pretty safe area normally no bother. Anyone know the best place to get a replacement? VW will want an arm and a leg I presume. I do have one of those TPS spare shops near work, I’ll give them a ring.

Also now ordering that spare safe I put off a few weeks ago, will that make sure it doesn’t get taken again or do I need to do something else?

Thanks all, so very annoyed with myself, wife told me I was paranoid, intended to order a spare safe never go round to it.

Cheers

N.

I have both a steel 17" with a new summer tyre and a Cascavele (silver) alloy with part worn summer tyre, had some scrapes that I've treated so only suitable as a spare unless professional Diamond Cut refurb done.

Hi all I’m finding the replacement tyre hard to find. 215 60 R17C with the load rating 103 H anyone else had this problem? Quoted £200 from VW for conti van contact. I am now wondering if I should buy a 16inch steel with corresponding tyre as rolling circumference should be almost the same and it would be a lot cheaper. Anyone any thoughts on that? Cheers!

Hi all I’m finding the replacement tyre hard to find. 215 60 R17C with the load rating 103 H anyone else had this problem? Quoted £200 from VW for conti van contact. I am now wondering if I should buy a 16inch steel with corresponding tyre as rolling circumference should be almost the same and it would be a lot cheaper. Anyone any thoughts on that? Cheers!

16s will not fit on your 17" brake discs. Unless your van came from the factory with 16" wheels and you upgraded to 17s.

C rated tyres have a higher load rating than 'normal' tyres and hence will have more than a 103 rating. You can go higher than 103 but not lower with no safety or legal issues.

104 and 109 load ratings are available.

Last edited:
Back