Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Storage panel vs gas stove dimensions

Tarquers

Tarquers

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
I have been looking at internal fridge/sink combos for winter trips and a few suppliers say not for 6.1, trying to work out if it’s because they block access to the gas stove or because of general dimensions.

In the 6.1 I think the gas cover may stick out further than in the 5/6 so took a photo for reference to show the cover in place. Can a non cooker beach owner comment on how far out, or not, the storage bins sit in relation to the rail? Thanks in advance.

IMG_8400.jpeg

If you are trying to fit a unit behind the passenger seat you will struggle due to the cooker and gas locker. I have a Maxxcamp Willy in my T6 Beach. It has a sink and drawer for a fridge. This kind of unit would also fit behind the drivers seat. That’s another option for you. The only difference is that you need to open the sliding door to access the fridge. It being able to turn the passenger seat is better in my opinion as it’s easier to do!

The Maxxcamp units are pretty rare in the UK but there is one for sale on the forum at the moment.

I have a LHD so looking for something behind the passenger seat. How different is the space between the rail and the side of the van in the T6 to the photo shown? Don’t have any pictures of my old beach to compare.

Back