Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Storage under T6.1 Ocean (spare wheel)

andybeary

andybeary

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hey guys

Has anyone built any storage under the rear of the T6.1? i.e. where the spare wheel would have gone. I was thinking it would be great for ramps or something saving quite a lot of space?

I would rather have something that you could open/close so protects from all the dirt etc but as ramps are plastic anyway not sure it matters.

Has anyone built any under storage at all? or is this a bad idea?

20220606_212755_LI.jpg

Hey guys

Has anyone built any storage under the rear of the T6.1? i.e. where the spare wheel would have gone. I was thinking it would be great for ramps or something saving quite a lot of space?

I would rather have something that you could open/close so protects from all the dirt etc but as ramps are plastic anyway not sure it matters.

Has anyone built any under storage at all? or is this a bad idea?

View attachment 94117
Have you removed the spare wheel, or was it missing from your van? What is your plan if you have a puncture? Not sure I would want to be climbing under the van in a muddy field for something that is stored under the van, but each to their own!

Have you removed the spare wheel, or was it missing from your van? What is your plan if you have a puncture? Not sure I would want to be climbing under the van in a muddy field for something that is stored under the van, but each to their own!
I upgraded to 18 so had the tyre mobility kit in lieu of spare wheel:12-volt compressor and tyre sealant. Then hence the space under the van. i might get some clips to hook the ramps under neath with straps maybe.

I upgraded to 18 so had the tyre mobility kit in lieu of spare wheel:12-volt compressor and tyre sealant. Then hence the space under the van. i might get some clips to hook the ramps under neath with straps maybe.
If you need some extra storage, have you thought about a box on a bike rack?

1654591763352.png

Definitely the best thing in this location would be a spare wheel. It could be 17".

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Back