Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Storm Ciara

Aidy P

Aidy P

Don't play that 'What If?' game, you'll never win!
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
If anyone is camping in this storm...keep safe!

Bridlington C&MH site from Monday. Hoping it's going to settle down a bit by then :(.

Wet n wild on the Fylde coast.

We haven't got to remember to put the bins out as Ciara has already emptied them. No sign of the contents.

We haven't got to remember to put the bins out as Ciara has already emptied them. No sign of the contents.
Recycled?

I'm a ridge tile and fence panel out so far.

71mph recorded and rising.

Flood warning for high tide tomorrow. High tide now but it's staying the right side of the storm beach.

Wind suddenly stopped here, followed by a flash of lightning and clap of thunder. A few minutes calm and here we go again!

I went to Edinburgh to watch the rugby and now I’m stuck here as all the west coast mainline trains are cancelled. Guess it’s another night out on the beer :bananadance2

Nipped ou earlier, saw three trees down, numerous branches across the road and a couple of poor soles that had decided to go for a walk in the countryside (!).

Afternoon spent in front of the fire watching the rugby I think...

We have been away in the Malvern Hills for the weekend and sleeping up top. We didn’t have a good night’s sleep last night as it was so windy. We packed up and had left the site by about 9.30 this morning to head home as the rain had started. The weather got worse as we neared home in Derbyshire. We passed a few fallen trees on the road and have found our garden furniture tipped over and neighbours fencing/trees/bushes/pots down and blowing around.

I think it will be a few days before we can raise the roof to fully dry out the canvas but at least it was only slightly damp when we made our quick decision to lower it and head home before the heavy rain began.

Mid afternoon yesterday (Sunday) we drove from Liverpool to Derby. Weather was calm and dry and not much traffic so the journey took no time at all. Derby area‘s pretty calm right now and winds predicted not to go above 30 mph all week. Think we were the opposite of storm chasers as our scouser mates rang us to say it got horrendous after we left. My sister’s down south and they really copped it too.

We were out free camping in North Yorkshire both nights, Friday and Saturday, just pointed the front into the wind on Saturday, no issues.