calikev

calikev

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
What plans do people have to prepare for the big storm that is coming :?:

I have tidied the garden and tied my garden arch to a tree :thumb

We have removed the hanging baskets, especially the one near were the motors are parked :thumb
Ron

We camped in Brighton last night and were glad to get away early this morning. The sea was beginning to get a touch choppy!

Im beginning to worry about my back fence :doh not sure if it will make it through

I have just battened down the hatches, we live 150yds from the beach at Pagham, so will be in the firing line!

Hope you get away damage free oli :thumb

We were meant to be camping tonight but have binned it to stay at home and baton down the hatches :shocked

Andy

We have come down to Marazion / St Ives for the week in the Cali staying In a cottage though :laugh2
Weather not to bad so far just normal rain / wind , stocked up from Tesco so chilling whatever it does...

If you see us out and about give us a wave flash or whatever Cali owners do !
:D

I love the huge road sign that says 'Secret Bunker' on the way there - maker chuckle every time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Calikev said:
Im beginning to worry about my back fence :doh not sure if it will make it through

Same here kev we've got 3 panels on their last legs. Fully expecting them to be in pieces when I get home tomorrow night! :-(
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I am writing my wine tasting notes, heating turned up, soft classical music playing, enjoying some lovely pate, rustic bread, olives, and various delicacies whilst tasting some gorgeous wines.

It's called facing a watery and windy climatic armageddon in style.

I am just a few miles down the coast from Oli, and just walked to the beach a couple of hundred yards away and there is something quite awesome about seeing mother nature whipping the sea into a frenzy. Yes, I am quite apprehensive.

finished !
frantically clearing the garage to get the cali back in before the storm
back in safe and sound :thumb
dave and lisa

Alan said:
More worried about roof tiles hiting the Cali than actually the roof of the house :shocked

A few years ago this happen to me - a piece of our house roof came off during a storm, hit and dented my Jeep and bounced into and dented my wife's Alfa Romeo. The car insurers refused to pay and so to did the house insurers. The latter said they would have paid if it was the car of a third party!

Long story but I eventually got the house insurers to pay for repair of the house roof.

Andy

I think I've just seen lightning,

Yes, another flash,

wind is wild

Getting quite scary,

I'm all on my own here

Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Well that's been an amazing weekend storm chasing.
Left work at 6.15pm on Friday night and raced my family to Cornwall (they left in the Cali at 2pm). They arrived 3 minutes before me.....

High to all 5 of the Cali's I sped past on the A303 / A30 on the way :cool not a pleasant night for driving.

Surfed Saturday then watch on Sunday as the waves built up to huge proportions between Perranporth and Newquay. The Cali was a great place to sit on the cliff and watch....

Then 5am this morning checked the weather jumped in the car and headed back to work for 9am....finally just arrived back home and glad to say so far other than loads of leaves we survived unscathed.. so far :smile

Okay I now wish it would naff off - it's still howling here making surfing impossible (on this coast) and campering very unappealing. We did plan to do a "last blast" over the holidays but think we'll leave it - the Cali is looking a bit lonely in the driveway :cry:

I was camped at unity, Brean Sands in Somerset with BigMac & his wife. It's a holiday resort (not really my cup of tea) about half a mile from the coast.
I woke at 04:30 Monday morning with the Cali rocking all over the place. Glad to say we both survived.
Drove home yesterday in brilliant sunshine.

I was relieved to see it go. Never slept at all that night.