Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Storm Ciara

We were out free camping in North Yorkshire both nights, Friday and Saturday, just pointed the front into the wind on Saturday, no issues.

Front into the wind ???

Mike

Just back from a walk down to the beach. High tide, waves topping the storm beach, avoided flooding over by mm's..... panic over :)

Camped at Baltic Wharf Friday/Saturday, up top both nights, no drama, away about 10 Sunday morning and fairly dry until we got on the M5 north so timing was pretty good, motorway was fairly quiet, M42 was like driving up a river never seen so much standing water on road in this country.

Yes front into the wind, obviously top down. Face into the wind, close your eyes and turn head slowly; louder the noise indicates wind direction. :)

Ah! You had Top down. That was what fooled me. Top up and into the wind would have been interesting

Mike

Neighbours gate now broken and smacking into the van, she isnt home and I couldnt secure it. So drive is off limits until she shows up. No idea how it didnt dent it or maybe my eyes are poor ?

On the plus side I've gained 7 trampolines and 2 fence panels.

The sea got through.

Three miles from my house, the sea breached the defences at high tide noon today. Filmed from a locally built Dutton amphibious vehicle, Tim Dutton driving.

Last edited: