T1 spotted

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Pulled into the campsite where we are staying in Trondheim.
b7b4ba05b13b1c3e2e8ffd86e4f08dea.jpg

Follow my blog at www.au-revoir.eu

Nearly, it's a T2. The T1 was the Beetle. Nice though!

Last edited:
Nearly, it's a T2. The T1 was the Beetle. Nice though!
I thought is was a T2 - the owner assured me that it was a mark 2 T1. He said that had it been a mark1 T1 it would be worth about 80,000 Euros. I assumed that as the owner, and being German, that he would be right, so I didn't press the matter.

I thought is was a T2 - the owner assured me that it was a mark 2 T1. He said that had it been a mark1 T1 it would be worth about 80,000 Euros. I assumed that as the owner, and being German, that he would be right, so I didn't press the matter.

Ok, I think it depends on how you use the terminology. The van concept for VW was the Type 2, the Type 1 being the Beetle. You could say that the first Transporter was the T1 in which case, let's give our German friend the benefit of the doubt. Keep up the good work with your reports and continue to enjoy yourselves!

Hellow

Very nice picture!
Some extra info (for those who are interested):
Yes, type 1 = the beetle
Type 2: there are now 6 generations (T1 - T6). The T3 is in the UK named the T25.
There were also T2b's and T2c's from Brazil and Mexico. And T3's from South Africa.
Type 3 being the volkswagen 1500 or 1600; came as a notchback, fastback and squareback.
And then the type 4 (now they stopped using the 'type' designation): 411 - 412 series
That's all I know about the types.

I like your blog! :thumb
Have a gorgeous trip in the EU!

Greetings
Calibusje