Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T4 California Roll Call

MarcLeFuture

MarcLeFuture

Thanks for giving us our own T4 spot :clap

just thought I'd get the ball rolling re: T4 California owners and their specific model (Club, Coach, Tour, Exclusive). From my limited experience on this forum so far, I only know of 3 people (including myself). Namely:

MarcLeFuture (California Tour)
Wilupo7 (California Exclusive)
Bryanh (California ???)

Any others out there? I'm sure the admins must know of a few?

Hello, just joined after seeing a link off the T4 forum.

'91 California 2.4D here. Mostly stock, apart from the turbo.

file-3.jpg

768f0ad3-1.jpg

The old girl has her own website to keep track of where she's been: http://bettybus.wordpress.com/

dan

and now Fireengine. 97 california exclusive 2,5 TDi 135bhp

[album]417[/album]
Here is the beast!
Recognise a few names here from T4 Forum. Let's see how many Smurfs and pop-tops we can find.

I missed that the first time I agree great blog and excellent pictures :thumb thanks for sharing :thumb If you guys know anymore t4 Cali owners let them know about us. Maybe next year you can have your own meet. That would be :cool

Thanks for the kind comments. We are massively behind with updates at the moment, we've done The southwest and the Lakes since Scotland, not to mention our attempts to fly in a balloon and the day we got a racing driver to write an autograph to Betty Bus...

dan

Count me in. We've owned ours just over a year now.

She's in pretty good nick for an old bird.

Jobs completed this summer -

Replaced leisure batteries for original spec.
Replaced charger for original item
Water pump
Cam belt
Vacumm pump
CV joints
Exhaust
Tyres/wheels
Lowered 40mm
Diesel pump spindle seal replaced.

Shes covered over 200k and runs like clockwork. Uses no oil and returns approx 36mpg.
Total number of trips this year - 22.

We're ramping for a new T5 but, seing as we love our T4 so much we're in no hurry.

Good to see others here :cool

S.

CALIFORNIAMM.jpeg

Nice tidy looking van mate. 22trips this year tell me more :thumb :thumb

We've been pretty much all over the UK. Wales twice, The Lakes, Devon, Dorset, Derbyshire, Provence and Switzerland.

Still hoping to put a tick in the Yorkshire box before we put her away for the winter.

Planning some longer trips for next year.

S.

Love the website Dan. V inspirational.

S.

There is always the euro trip next year :thumb

Sidepod,

Wow thats a great shiny looking van. Especially for all your trips. Cleaner than mine and its only 7 months old...

Cheers
Mark

T4's so far:-

MarcLeFuture (California Tour)
Wilupo7 (California Exclusive)
Bryanh
TwentyoneThirtyfive
Fireengine (California Exclusive)
Sidepod

:thanks

VWRoamer here, got LHD 2.5 TDI pop top, I imported her from Spain. Had her 5 years and done quite a bit of time touring Europe. Would post pic but cannot work out how to do it.!!! Help!

DSCN1511a.jpg

Excellent, another one.

One small point I feel I must pull you up on Roamer, er, your waste bin. Not colour coded to mach the vehicle is it now..... :eek:

OCD? Moi?

S.

Sidepod, your bus looks new! Stunning.

I do wonder how many are in the UK sometimes.

We've camped opposite a green one near the Minack Theatre in Cornwall, and parked up opposite one at Neist Point on Skye, but all the others that I've seen (including a dutch couple who went mental when they saw us!) have been on foreign plates.

dan

It's not I can assure you, pretty good but not A1. It's had paint for sure at some point from the waist down.

It was imported from Germany last summer so I'm the first owner in the Uk.

We saw plenty on our Euro-trip this summer. At one point on our site in France we counted 5 Westies, ours being the only Uk registed.

Sadly this weekend I'll be putting it into storage for the winter. Roll on spring.

S.

Storage? But you'll miss this...

b08dd589.jpg

dan

Precisely!

Good effort! I know the Eber heater is a fantastic bit of kit but.....

Actually we visited The Peak District in April and woke up to snow.

S.

Blimey that looks cold. When I had the Bongo we did a gig on New Years Eve and me and the drummer stayed in the van as we both wanted to drink. I made sure he had the roof tent that night!!

I think there's more of us out there than you might imagine. I'm on my second T4 Cali in seven years, current vehicle 98 2.5 TDI it's hard to beat, I'm addicted. On the lookout for my next upgrade though, fancy a Freestyle.

I'd post a picture but don't know how.

m

Back