Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T4 California Roll Call

She looks like a peach :cool

Non standard Westy wheel trims? Not that I'm pedantic or anything ;)

S.

Hello All,
This is Nobby ( it came with the name ).
Imported by an Auzzie couple, from Germany 3 years ago. Now being abused by a 6 and 8 year old in East Sussex. Starting to get him into shape. It seems to be a case of fix one thing and then break the next, so the list of jobs never gets any smaller.petworth010_zps6cfb1476.jpgbirthday014_zps57949b17.jpg

Hopefully some pictures!

Welcome to the forum, we could do with a few more T4's coming to Cali's on the Farm in May ;)

I'm losing count now. We (T4 types) are growing in number rapidly.

Couting down to our first trip of 2013. T minus 54 days and counting.

Can't wait. Won't wait !! :crazy

S.

Looks a nice van, hope you get some adventures between fixing things :)

Think this is the uptodate list.

MarcLeFuture (California Tour)
Wilupo7 (California Exclusive)
Bryanh
TwentyoneThirtyfive (California)
Fireengine (California Exclusive)
Sidepod
VWroamer (2.5 tdi pop-top)
Bornsplitty (2.5 tdi)
Casstro (California Coach?)
GuiseppeVerdiT4 ((California Coach)
Derry (2.4d)
French Chris (California Event)
pabloafla76 (California Club)

Hi all,

Been having a trawl through all the T4 posts we've amassed so far. Think I've managed to add a few names to the list........

MarcLeFuture (California Tour)
Wilupo7 (California Exclusive)
Bryanh
TwentyoneThirtyfive (California)
Fireengine (California Exclusive)
Sidepod
VWroamer (2.5 tdi pop-top)
Bornsplitty (2.5 tdi)
Casstro (California Coach?)
GuiseppeVerdiT4 ((California Coach)
Derry (2.4d)
French Chris (California Event)
pabloafla76 (California Club)
Thelma and Louise (Eurovan)
AvalonT4
The2rB
Kenedas
Chrisnythclyd
Tegan
Mattski
Macdo
Bolton Wanderer
Lorax
Samflis

Which, by my reckoning, brings the number so far to an impressive 24! Would be good to know what sort of T4 you've got so I can put it into brackets after your name. In the mean time, welcome :D

PS sorry We won't be able to make Cali's on the Farm but hope all have a good time with good weather. :thumb

I think we must by now justify a collective noun for a group of T4 Westy owners?

Suggestions please?

A "bargain" of Westy owners (Sooooo much van for so little money)
A "left" of Westy owners (LH drive)
A "smug" of Westy owners. (Self explainatory)

S.
43 sleeps to go.

Im always 'Jonny come lately!'

'99 Westy Exclusive 2.5 TDi

Oh, Hes called Fred Westy..... (my Mrs is a tad macarbre.)

Anyone at VW stafford tomorrow??

Oh, Hes called Fred Westy..... (my Mrs is a tad macarbre.)

Does that not keep you awake at night? :shocked

S.

Hi - introducing Fungus the Bogey Van (named for us and has stuck)

Only had him since late last summer but been on a grand European tour and various trips in the UK and he hasn't missed a beat - we are all thoroughly enjoying him.

He is in pretty good condition but working my way through the wish list - primarily replacing the dead Eberspacher (if anyone knows if the exisitng programmers can control a new D2 I'd love to hear!)

Just found the link to Calis on the Farm - so may well meet up in person.

Steve

FungusBV.jpg

Got to be the best colour, don't you think :lol:

S.

FungusBV said:
Hi - introducing Fungus the Bogey Van (named for us and has stuck)

Only had him since late last summer but been on a grand European tour and various trips in the UK and he hasn't missed a beat - we are all thoroughly enjoying him.

He is in pretty good condition but working my way through the wish list - primarily replacing the dead Eberspacher (if anyone knows if the exisitng programmers can control a new D2 I'd love to hear!)

Just found the link to Calis on the Farm - so may well meet up in person.

Steve

Hi Steve,
Welcome to the forum, Great looking van.

Ps, Did you buy it from Eastbourne? , I went to look at a van identical to that, in about May last year.

Regards, Paul.

Steve,

Why is your Eber dead? All of the parts are available. Would it not be easier to refurb than replace? Just curious?

S.

Hi - thanks for the warm welcome - he was from Easbourne but now lives nestled in the sunny Chilterns!

Eber started smoking and not starting shortly after I got him home - did the responsible thing (!) and took him to the local dealer who broke it some more and then removed bits to decommision it without telling me - grrr.
Anyway the D2 has been purchased and is waiting patiently to be fitted inside the D3 case (to keep the factory look and keep it out of the way) - I just haven't found the wiring diagram for the actual programmer fitted.

Anyway jobs for the weekend include new main battery, headlight wiring loom upgrade and towbar fitting ..... we might be ready for Easter weekend departure.

Have fun,
Steve

Hey Sidepod,

My Eber packed up last weekend in Bala. At -7 that night it wasn't so good but, after trawling through the Internet I reckon I've Sussed it thanks to a certain Mr Sidepod's comments on another forum :clap So I'm hoping it stopped as the level in the tank dropped and all I've got to do now is put more diesel in her and bleed the outlet pipe. Easy job? :help

Whilst we're on heater topics, can I ask how well your thermostats work? My heater seems fine, but doesn't seem to turn off even when I crank the temp on the control panel right down. I'll be using it this weekend (in anger) so may have to leave the windows open up-top!

Never seen mine switch off on the thermostat either. I don't mind as I like it warm. "Surface of the sun" setting is fine.

That said it packed up at the end of last season. I parked in the garage and assumed the winter storage fairies would fix it. Not so!
I pulled the fuel pump off last night and checked some stuff. Fuel line from the main tank is clear as is the feed to the heater.
I stuck the pump in a jam jar of fuel and pulsed it with a supply from a battery. It seems to supply a decent spurt so I can discount that (£145 for a new one!).

My gut feeling is the controller isn't supplying a pulse so I'll dig out the multimeter and prod it with that.

At least it's not going to be freezing this weekend......or is it? Bugger!

Da Pod.

Our thermostat seems to work okay - the heater never shuts down, I don't think it does on the diesel ones although I can't remember how it does regulate the amount of heat it produces.

dan

Just saying hi...in between T4 westfalia 's....soooo just sold 1995 vw california highway 2.4 diesel and all being well will be getting a 2.5tdi westfalia california exclusive in the next month...can't be doing with the hassle of pop tops and prepared to use shank's pony regarding parking just wondering about parking with a lwb .

Back