Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T4 California Roll Call

ok ok getting excited ....so exclusive exclusive news ....alll being well will move from compact highway (lovely van too) to exclusive club on friday!! if all goes smoothly...feel like a kid waiting for christmas!! Hope it's a sound van as am useless mechanically. Anyone know if van is LEZ compliant if it says no record of....is 2002 tdi , 2.5 automatic? (euro 3 engine??)

The California westfalia highway was.... this one is blue!

Hi,
Westfalia California Event 2002, 2.5 tdi LEZ compliant. Nebio Blue

Sounds great! Is it from Stanstead? The one with air suspension?

I wish! Have just spent three weeks in UK and your potholes have to be used to be believed!. Some French roads are bad, but UK, awful!

I noticed the advert for that one, it does look like a very nice van. Enjoy!

Compared to the old but fondly remembered westfalia highway (compact) am a bit overwhelmed with the level of spec for this one, ABS, EDS, heated seats, toilet/wash basin, automatic... am a simple man nearly overwhelmed but as young ones in London needed something LEZ compliant and maybe some home comforts won't go amiss... so will give a wave!

Hello Twin! (except I'm manual). I may murder you to get those high level pockets off you and into mine!

now now....murder that's strong your sense of guilt might stop you enjoying them....life's too short .... but let's share a beer sometime and put the world to rights...collecting today!....techno blues together that's an exclusive club!! ....but let's not be sniffy there's room for many more...guten morgen from Northants!

Just following up the previous post.
1) It would be great to get as many of the T4's to the Cali on the farm event as poss. Please have a look if you are not already booked.
2) For those of us who are already booked, the organisers are asking you to notify them here http://www.vwcaliforniaclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=120&t=4007&p=35337#p35337
as they want to group us all together. I guess they fear our rusty bits may spread to the T5's! :D

Great looking van mate. Very smart :thumb

Wow! Great spec, van.

I bet that's a bit quicker than mine, with it's 77bhp.

Is that plastic, covering the carpets? and are the LED's mounted inside the body of the florescent lights?

Regards, Paul.

It was carpet protector but that gone now.

Yeah i put the less in the light casing and put in a separate push button switch.

The floures still work but at night the less give off a much nicer light.

It can shift i put a diesel chip in, k&n air filter and removed the cat.

About 185bhp. Came standard at 150bhp. :D

New member here, with a '92 California Coach in original condition. We did a 5,000 miles 'round Europe trip' in 2012, through Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, France, back into Germany and Belgium, then home. Another trip planned this year, but shorter!

After our first trip in 2012, I thought I'd give all you T4 owners an update. Our 'Grey Plague Tour' 2013 (all of June) took in Germany's Harz Mountains, Main/Tauber Valley & Bavaria - to visit the 'Sudbayern Bustreffen' (bus-meet) at Kochel am See near the Austrian border. Having already travelled over 2,000kms to get there, we were the 'furthest travelled' visitors and got our names in the local paper! It was a very friendly meet - mostly T2s & T3s with the odd T4, T5 & Splitty for good measure. I can recommend it for 2014 if anyone's interested - just ask for info. On the way there the van hit 250,000kms on the clock.
[album]1279[/album]
Not bad for a 1992 2.4D Cali.

After that, we travelled into Austria until it got too hot (38º - 40º) so we headed west to see the Rhine Falls at Schaffhausen (stunning), then back homewards through the Black Forest, on to the Mosel and into Belgium for a last stop at Bruges before hitting the ferry. Anyone needing info on the campsites/places we visited? Just ask.

This year? Probably down to the South of France (and possibly into Italy) - in June again - hopefully avoiding as many toll roads as possible. I'm not just a 'tightar*sed Yorkshireman'; it's the best way to see the country! A long trip but worth the effort.

A tip for anyone contemplating a trip into Europe. Out of high season, take either an ACSI Card or a Camping Cheques Card for BIG DISCOUNTS at campsites: even better, take both - we do! They really do save a lot of money.

I'm also running the Yorkshire 'Local Meet' at Skipton on 16 March. Still looking for more visitors, so how about it? Full details are on the 'Meets' page.

:hello New here, proud owner of a smurf top California Coach, 1996 LHD which I've had for 2 weeks! Off to the Bristol volksfest this weekend hoping we won't be the only smurf top owners there (or laughed at too much!).

previously had two Renault master van conversions.

smurf/elvis/ice cream van why the mirth?....club, exclusive, compact all part of the same stable....all fine buses and interesting!
so roll in with a smile on your face ... and wave regally...embrace difference and your new friends!
Maybe you'll wave at us someday too in our blue exclusive automatic as we pass by goodness knows where!

Back