Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T4 exclusive - water filling

C

chriskiely

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Hi guys, please may I ask, when filling the fresh water tank, is there an overflow point or does it just
Pour back out from the fill point ? Also, does the toilet flush use the same water from the fresh water tank ? I am just wondering, since I use Water treatment tablets, can these be added directly to the tank from inside the van somewhere ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys, please may I ask, when filling the fresh water tank, is there an overflow point or does it just
Pour back out from the fill point ? Also, does the toilet flush use the same water from the fresh water tank ? I am just wondering, since I use Water treatment tablets, can these be added directly to the tank from inside the van somewhere ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just wait for the splash back when its full. I've not seen anywhere inside to add tablets. Not that I've used tablets in mine. Probably should mind but I live on the assumption the cold kills the bugs in mine :)

28043850218_071f1d473c_c.jpg

From memory, the same tank feeds the loo and the sink. The tap and the flush are just switches that operate a shared pump. I think I remember getting to the difficult to remove tank cap (similar to T6 design....gets stuck). If you can remove the lid, it’s easy to throw in your tablets / liquid.

From memory, the same tank feeds the loo and the sink.
Actually both sinks! I’d forgotten there were two. There were problems where running the kitchen tap would cause water to flow from the bathroom tap into the upturned bowl, flooding the floor.

Back