Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

[T5] : DRL "Off" when Hand Brake "On" or on "0" ???

F

Fred06

Guest User
Hello,
This question is for VCDS Expert ...
Is it possible to have the Day Running Light "Off" :
- when i am parked and have the Hand Brake "On" ?
or
- when the Light Switch is in position "0" ?
and so, when i drive (Ignition On) the DRL switch automaticaly "On"

I see somewhere that it is possible on a VW Golf after changing a coding with VCDS... but i don't found the exact code for a T5 (2015) (because Electrical Unit is different)
http://ankk-vagcom.com/golf-6-5k-desactiver-feux-de-jour-drl-avec-frein-a-main-active/#more-4040
http://ankk-vagcom.com/golf-6-5k-ac...c-comodo-des-feux-en-position-auto/#more-4048

Thanks for your help.

Fred

Don't know about t6 but t5 drls can not be switched off or change how they work.
You will need to have a look with VCDS.
T5 use some same modules as polo.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I believe it is an insurance requirement to have DRLs working to improve road safety. Maybe a call to your insurance company to check you will still be covered if you do mange to change them.

I believe it is an insurance requirement to have DRLs working to improve road safety. Maybe a call to your insurance company to check you will still be covered if you do mange to change them.
Actually part of Type Approval for new vehicles, so it would be worth checking what the rules are before changing how they work.

I think his intention was to switch them off when stationary and hand brake applied so wouldn't affect driving.

I think his intention was to switch them off when stationary and hand brake applied so wouldn't affect driving.
DRLs are so people can see you, not so you can see. I suppose in the above case he could just turn of the ignition.

DRLs are so people can see you, not so you can see. I suppose in the above case he could just turn of the ignition.
You don't need to lecture me :) I was just answering the question posted.

I had them on my Touareg and was sat outside my house scanning the car with VCDS it need the engine running, 3 motorists stopped next to me so say my drl's were dazzling (first few cars with them at the time) so I reprogrammed mine so I could switch them off when I wanted to.

I am responsible for what I chose to do ...
I do not see what can interfere if my DRL are put out when I do not run except that I did not dazzled other drivers ...

You don't need to lecture me :) I was just answering the question posted.

I had them on my Touareg and was sat outside my house scanning the car with VCDS it need the engine running, 3 motorists stopped next to me so say my drl's were dazzling (first few cars with them at the time) so I reprogrammed mine so I could switch them off when I wanted to.

On the T5, the DRL are the high beam light used with less power (a lower voltage)

That's right..
but when you're camping and you just want to close the windows ... it is best not to turn on the DRL, no!

On the T5, the DRL are the high beam light used with less power (a lower voltage)
Not quit correct. It is a Dual filament 55/15 w bulb. H15.
The 15 w filament is used for the DRL function.

The DRL requirements are quite straightforward. Legally required on new vehicles since 2011. Lights to come on independently of all other lights when the vehicle is moving forward.
So having them come on with the Ignition On is NOT a legal requirement, ONLY if the engine is started.

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/safety/daytime-running-lights.html

So having them adjusted as the OP mentioned is eminently sensible in a Campervan and not illegal.

What makes you think the module is different? Have you tried it?

Yes, I try it,

The reference module is writing on the top of the VCDS windows (in exemple for Golf is 5K0-... )... mine is not the same (7H0 937 090 D)
and I do not have the same representation of the bit on VCDS (sorry, I did not copy my screen)

Yes, I try it,

The reference module is writing on the top of the VCDS windows (in exemple for Golf is 5K0-... )... mine is not the same (7H0 937 090 D)
and I do not have the same representation of the bit on VCDS (sorry, I did not copy my screen)
Yes, often the part number is different but the module itself is the same 5K0 Golf platform 7H0 Transporter 7P5 Touareg but the modules very similar and might share similar adaptions.

Try a search on vwvortex ross-tech section http://forums.vwvortex.com/forumdisplay.php?510-VAG-COM-Diagnostic-Forum

Back