Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Light on when the selector is 0

B

botta02

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi my name is Stefano I have a VW T5 California 2007 174cv purchased in Germany two years ago and I have a question about a . when I turn on the engine I will also turn on the low beams and position the instrument panel no lights even if the selector is to 0! I think it's a change that made the old owner but now having assembled group DRL headlights annoy me no way to go back to have headlights on 0? I have the vcds I tried a bit perhaps escapes me . Thank you

I think the Low Beam Headlights you refer to are the DRLs. Come on with Ignition ON, and they will go OFF when Sidelights or Dipped beam are selected.
That is how it came from the factory. The Bulb used is a 15w/55w H15 I think. The 55w part of it is the Main Beam.
I believe they can be disabled in VCDS - cannot advise you on this, or by removing a fuse located below Gear stick . 5 amp I think.

I think the Low Beam Headlights you refer to are the DRLs. Come on with Ignition ON, and they will go OFF when Sidelights or Dipped beam are selected.
That is how it came from the factory. The Bulb used is a 15w/55w H15 I think. The 55w part of it is the Main Beam.
I believe they can be disabled in VCDS - cannot advise you on this, or by removing a fuse located below Gear stick . 5 amp I think.
Ok thanks! But how do I get off the lights selector position 0

Ok thanks! But how do I get off the lights selector position 0
You will either have to remove the fuse or use VCDS. But I have no personal knowledge of VCDS.

Back