Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5 or T6 Beach

I should search but I'm in the middle of a *discussion* with lovely OH, who is not happy.

Is the T6 worth getting over a T5? Any major differences that matter? It's just the 2nd hand ones don't seem to be massively less expensive, which I knew but...

Can you run a fridge without a ehu?

Sorry, complete novice.
We ran not just a fridge but 50L freezer (non stop run) on a leisure battery :) Holds 1 night stop without ehu easily.
We've chosen a T6 Beach over a T5 SE demo fully packed. Though T6 was slightly expensive, we got exactly what we need.
A major difference between T5 and T6 for us was an engine. New one way quieter, smoother and more powerful. New tent fabrics is way more sturdier. Though some complain others may see your silhouette from outside :D
If you find T5 that perfectly fits your needs and way cheaper than T6 just go for it.

The dealers are saying the nearly new market is very keen due to the wait and the VED change. Bleep ex-chancellor!

Your post cheers me up tho. I just have to be patient, like houses, there is always another one... :)

Spoke to my dealer today and he said exactly the same thing. Lots of people are getting orders in before the April change. He also a said that DSG and LED lights are delaying some vehicles.

If you find T5 that perfectly fits your needs and way cheaper than T6 just go for it.

The T5s aren't significantly cheaper, I've now found T6s for less than a good T5 but they tend to already be sold. :)

The T5s aren't significantly cheaper, I've now found T6s for less than a good T5 but they tend to already be sold. :)
A lot does depend on spec, expensive extras like the heater or xenon lights for example. You will find better value by going for an older T5 Beach and pocket the savings. They will hold up well on residual value as the Beach is so popular now.

Gawd, I hope not, I really don't want to have to stump up the extra VED

I would be breathing down the dealer's neck...

There aren't the T5s about, as far as I can see but maybe I need to look harder & get a bit more proactive.

Gawd, I hope not, I really don't want to have to stump up the extra VED

Well mine was not delayed at all. Ordered June 6th, build week thirty something, and at dealers now.

So 19 weeks from order to arrival at dealers.

Dealer's quite confident I'll have it in March but I suppose he would say that to get my order

Order placed September 2

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Dealer's quite confident I'll have it in March but I suppose he would say that to get my order

Order placed September 2

Sent from my MotoE2(4G

Order placed September 2

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Hi RoB5urf I also ordered a Beach on September 2. Spoke to dealer this week and he gave me a provisional build of week 49 but that could change. Although I was first given a provisional build of week 3 next year.

Back