Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5 Sliding Door Rubbing

sorry for the thread resurrection, but I don't suppose you have a record of what that video was do you?

I have a T5 cali manual door where the middle roller scrapes the bodywork at that point, may as well tackle it whilst I have time on my hands... Thanks
There are other videos showing how to change the manual door roller which is much easier and cheaper to do. But least this helps you understand how to access the rail. I removed mine last night and broke some clips so have had to reorder some off ebay. Might be an idea to order some spare clips before you start as it's very likely you will break some.

There are other videos showing how to change the manual door roller which is much easier and cheaper to do. But least this helps you understand how to access the rail. I removed mine last night and broke some clips so have had to reorder some off ebay. Might be an idea to order some spare clips before you start as it's very likely you will break some.
@steve_b That’s the one.

Hi, What was the part number for the external trim panel clips?
UPDATED Now found ...
Volkswagen Transporter T5 Clips for Sliding Door Rail Cover 7H0843658A

Last edited:
Hi, What was the part number for the external trim panel clips?
UPDATED Now found ...
Volkswagen Transporter T5 Clips for Sliding Door Rail Cover 7H0843658A
Might have been my lack of skill but i found those trim clips a complete pain in the backside and the cause of much swearing!
These ones were much easier to use and a better match for the ones on the van

Might have been my lack of skill but i found those trim clips a complete pain in the backside and the cause of much swearing!
These ones were much easier to use and a better match for the ones on the van

Glad I ordered some of the panel clips you mentioned as the original ones I bought just wouldn't go on. Thanks!
Door cables all replaced and now working great.

Back