Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5 STYLE BIKE RACK suitable for T6

Any VW dealer can order it as it is a Genuine German VW Accessory. If it was a UK only accessory then it would only be available in England. Price wise it retails at £538.00 inc vat but you will pay £486.00 inc as a VIP

We tried to order the new bike rack 7EO 071 104A through your other branch, SMG Tonbridge, and this is the reply we received on the 23/03/2016:

“The only bike rack available from VW in the UK is a 7EO 071 104 - I note from the picture 2 that the part number is 7EO 071 104A which we have tried to order, is not available in the UK (yet)”.

As a result of this email I took up the issue with VWCS and they agreed that it would be made available in the UK but asked up to this time that Dominic Stephenson is informed of the order, as per my posting. I have queried why, because it makes no sense to me.

I queried again whether he really wanted to have each individual person to email him and he said yes!

Have you received a directive from VW that dealers can now order directly because I really get fed up chasing VWCS and it would be good to have clarification on whether we need to go through VWCS or not?

We tried to order the new bike rack 7EO 071 104A through your other branch, SMG Tonbridge, and this is the reply we received on the 23/03/2016:

“The only bike rack available from VW in the UK is a 7EO 071 104 - I note from the picture 2 that the part number is 7EO 071 104A which we have tried to order, is not available in the UK (yet)”.

As a result of this email I took up the issue with VWCS and they agreed that it would be made available in the UK but asked up to this time that Dominic Stephenson is informed of the order, as per my posting. I have queried why, because it makes no sense to me.

I queried again whether he really wanted to have each individual person to email him and he said yes!

Have you received a directive from VW that dealers can now order directly because I really get fed up chasing VWCS and it would be good to have clarification on whether we need to go through VWCS or not?

Good morning......

I don't know if the situation has changed in a month since you enquired, but currently this part is fully orderable from the UK VW parts system. I have now got a few on order and no-one has come back and said these parts cant be ordered, they have just gone to a normal back order situation the same as any other part.

My personal opinion is that this part can be ordered directly by a dealer, in my 17 year VW parts experience, normally if the part cant be ordered the system wont allow it, but it does so I cant see there being a problem.

Hope this helps a bit

Here is the main problem when I am trying to order from local dealer. See the code and the photo. :confused:
download

If you ask them to print the fitting instructions off for that rack then the picture is correct. I believe this is just a Generic T6 picture they are using

I've noticed that Forum members have unkindly started referring to 7EO O71 104 as the “UGLY ONE”. Don't you remember your school days - being called names can hurt. I would like to remind members that
7EO 071 104 has been christened “QUASIMODO RACK” and I think we should respect that.

Likewise now that 7EO 071 104’s prettier sister, 7EO 071 104A has arrived in the UK from only being with her continental cousins, I'm proposing she's christened too, and make the suggestion of “KYLIE CARRIER”, being prettier to look at, smaller in proportions, curving in the right places and found out back! However, she might struggle to carry four burly mountain bikes.

If you think of other VW names with the geographical links:

CALIFORNIA GIRL - well we've all been California Dreaming to stay at the Hotel California,
SHARON VAN - for a van named after a girl from Essex,

We've added,
QUASIMODO RACK - historically we’ve never really liked the French,
And now possibly,
KYLIE CARRIER ! I think it’s fitting to name it after one of our antipodean cousins because they seem to like to visit the UK sometime in their life.

Shall we have a referendum before making a decision?

Sorry about my silly posting but I'm trying to lighten up, because my postings are normally about serious things like roof corrosion, options list and VW’s inability to get things right.

Apologies to any French forum members and girls from Essex that I may have upset.

If you think of other VW names with the geographical links:

CALIFORNIA GIRL - well we've all been California Dreaming to stay at the Hotel California,
SHARON VAN - for a van named after a girl from Essex,

We've added,
QUASIMODO RACK - historically we’ve never really liked the French,
And now possibly,
KYLIE CARRIER ! I think it’s fitting to name it after one of our antipodean cousins because they seem to like to visit the UK sometime in their life.

Shall we have a referendum before making a decision?

Sorry about my silly posting but I'm trying to lighten up, because my postings are normally about serious things like roof corrosion, options list and VW’s inability to get things right.

Apologies to any French forum members and girls from Essex that I may have upset.
How about Bikey McBikerack :D

If you ask them to print the fitting instructions off for that rack then the picture is correct. I believe this is just a Generic T6 picture they are using
He sent me instructions for the 7EO 071 104
And he still doesn't get the point and assures me that 7EO 071 104A is a same looking rack with less allowed weight, but what's funny is more expensive.:headbang

Have a look at this PDF file. Its the correct fitting instructions.

Attachments

• 7e0071104a.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 74
Folks, Has anyone got the T5 type bike rack ?
If so a few pics to compare it to the afore mentioned "Quasimodo" version would be great.

The T6 version is tad on the chunky side but I wouldn't go as far as "Quasimodo", poor soul.

Does the old T5 rack have same code as the old design one for T6? 7EO 071 104A
Nevermind. Seems the old T5 one is 7H0 071 104.

Last edited:
Good news......The Old style rack for the T6 has just turned up and it will definitely fit the T6

So....here it is....

The OLD style rack for the T6 Cali.

Its is exactly the same apart from the mounting brackets

T6 bike.jpg

T6 bike1.jpg

Can you please make a photo with a CODE so I show it to local dealer?

Strange. If you search the part number on the german websites, you get the new rack … really confusing ;-)

Strange. If you search the part number on the german websites, you get the new rack … really confusing ;-)
Yep happens in the UK as well. Early on in this process we had the part number and I found a UK dealer with that part number. When we corresponded with pictures he was selling the new T6 rack and had the wrong part numbers associated with his online pics. Buy from someone who understands.
All my effort and I am now going for a towbar option but folks on here have done a great job sorting this in case I ever change my mind.

You get the new rack image at least )
Contacted several dealers including Germany ones.
Nobody has a tiny idea if image is wrong ) How they call it? "Ordnung"? :D