Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5 style on T6: will it get stolen? Any tips?

Kevin&Becci

Kevin&Becci

One year in and loving it.
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
We have just bought a T5 style bike rack for our T6 Ocean from the lovely people at Campervantastic.
Great to see how easy it is to remove from the van but now worried the £500 rack will be stolen. Any tips for making it more secure?
Apologies if this repeats another thread.
Kevin

If my memory serves me right I think with the old style T5 style bike rack the screws are hidden when the tailgate is closed so no need for further security not like the new T6 bike rack where the screws are more accessible hope that helps.

If my memory serves me right I think with the old style T5 style bike rack the screws are hidden when the tailgate is closed so no need for further security not like the new T6 bike rack where the screws are more accessible hope that helps.
Hi Gary and Heather, they are not hidden unfortunately. You can just undo the bolts with alun key and remove in less than a minute.

Hi Gary and Heather, they are not hidden unfortunately. You can just undo the bolts with alun key and remove in less than a minute.
Change the bolts for Security Bolts?

I see I must've got that one wrong then, I'm sure when I had my T5 bike rack on the van it was hard to get the bolts out but I must admit I did leave mine on the van and in eight years it was never stolen and with the new T6 bike rack I've got now I do you take it off more often but there is a thread on here concerning the security of the T6 by rack bike rack but I can't remember what it's called you could look at this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/272346922833?

Hi. I will get some of the security bolts then. Many thanks both of you. It certainly would deter the causal thief though for £6.99 the thief can be equally well equipped.
We are parked on the road so I think I may just have to bring it inside most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk