Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Cali Orders closing Soon?

O

OxonCalifornia

VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
I see on VW website you can still ’build’ online and the 5+ promise of service plans/Mot’s still available until 1/7/24 BUT the 0% finance deal has now been removed.

Anyone aware when the order books are closing at dealers? - I was thinking Easter weekend at the end of the financial quarter & we are aware the production line at factory will shut down in June so perhaps there’s a little wiggle room if anyone is sat on the fence and still deliberating to put an order in still. Although be quick as I think the shutters will be coming down imminently?

I was under the impression that new orders** end start of June.

** production

Last edited:
yeah I think production stops in June.

That being said, that would mean order books stop now. But the new deals on vw site end in July.

So I'm not sure.

Last edited:
I see on VW website you can still ’build’ online and the 5+ promise of service plans/Mot’s still available until 1/7/24 BUT the 0% finance deal has now been removed.

Anyone aware when the order books are closing at dealers? - I was thinking Easter weekend at the end of the financial quarter & we are aware the production line at factory will shut down in June so perhaps there’s a little wiggle room if anyone is sat on the fence and still deliberating to put an order in still. Although be quick as I think the shutters will be coming down imminently?
Have they resolved the leaking bellows yet? If not, I’m out.

According to Jamie at Breeze; yes! I did ask. I will find out soon enough because our first trip in the new van will be to the Orkneys!
Have they? Recent testing by others suggest not.

Well, I will find out! I already have a topper for the pop top in my current van. Deal was too good to turn down. I can be pragmatic about it.
Fingers crossed. Couldn’t have a better test.

Fingers crossed. Couldn’t have a better test.
Indeed! Generally a great snagging test. I am not making light of all the pain many people have gone through. Jamie's more precise message was that almost all are water tight now except for a couple. He said that Breeze would sort it. I have confidence in Breeze. We tend to put the topper on unless it will be reasonably warm.

Well the results from the poll so far would suggest that :
  • 15 have issues with leaking bellows, including 1 with a replacement set that leaks.
  • 8 have tested the bellows in light, moderate or heavy rain with no leaks.
  • 5 have not been out in the rain yet.
So for those that have been out in the rain, 15 failures vs 8 OK :(

Of course the poll may not be representative of the wider world for several reasons including :
  • Not all new Cali owners will be following the discussion on the vwcaliforniaclub.com forum.
  • Of those who are following the discussion, perhaps not everyone has voted.
  • The forum probably attracts more unhappy owners than happy owners, thus slewing the vote results.
  • Forum members may have voted in error or might be voting on their experience from pre 9th Nov manufactured bellows.
But based on the poll alone, I would say that the problem is more widespread than perhaps Jamie believes. And I also suspect that as more new owners get to use the bellows in bad weather, the reported failure rate will only increase.

Well the results from the poll so far would suggest that :
  • 15 have issues with leaking bellows, including 1 with a replacement set that leaks.
  • 8 have tested the bellows in light, moderate or heavy rain with no leaks.
  • 5 have not been out in the rain yet.
So for those that have been out in the rain, 15 failures vs 8 OK :(

Of course the poll may not be representative of the wider world for several reasons including :
  • Not all new Cali owners will be following the discussion on the vwcaliforniaclub.com forum.
  • Of those who are following the discussion, perhaps not everyone has voted.
  • The forum probably attracts more unhappy owners than happy owners, thus slewing the vote results.
  • Forum members may have voted in error or might be voting on their experience from pre 9th Nov manufactured bellows.
But based on the poll alone, I would say that the problem is more widespread than perhaps Jamie believes. And I also suspect that as more new owners get to use the bellows in bad weather, the reported failure rate will only increase.

In fairness Breeze have probably sold more Cali’s then have answered poll on this forum. Lots of people just jump on here sporadically to fix an issue, post a picture, etc.

…….and a few have a moan! :) (Incl. me)

@Azteccamper you are probably right!

That being said our Cali was supplied by Breeze and they know about the leaking roof. So ours must be one of the couple they are aware of. They have been very supportive of the issue so far.

Last edited:
According to Jamie at Breeze; yes! I did ask. I will find out soon enough because our first trip in the new van will be to the Orkneys!
They have not. And Breeze have a video of my 04SA dec bellows showing same ( not that it’s a Breeze issue more VWEO)

I thought this thread was about the order books closing - not about Bellowsgate? :)
:Iamsorry That’s probably my fault… but all roads (threads) lead to bellowsgate :veryfunny
I’m still out based on the poll results so no new Cali for me :(

:Iamsorry That’s probably my fault… but all roads (threads) lead to bellowsgate :veryfunny
I’m still out based on the poll results so no new Cali for me :(
That’s Quite alright - Instead of a bottle of champagne or bunch of flowers I just think Dealers ought to give new owners a can of water proofer upon collection with their blessing to use it if & when necessary as a back up - job done !

I was told the azure blue bellows were definitely water proof so opted for those. Anyway the wife prefers to sleep upstairs I will just have to sleep downstairs.

I noticed the order book hasn't closed yet too. Was hoping 2012 Beach might sell but not a sniff of interest which has surprised us. Advertised on here at £25K.......

I noticed the order book hasn't closed yet too. Was hoping 2012 Beach might sell but not a sniff of interest which has surprised us. Advertised on here at £25K.......

Saw yours when we selling our 2012, and thought price looks cheap, what's wrong with it? We had ours on the forum for a week - one guy from Reading was interested from day 1, but cancelled viewing following weekend due to sickness so went into my time waster box. At the time I actually thought he might be purchasing yours!

So then listed on FB marketplace & Ebay on the Sunday morning, local couple came round same afternoon from Facebook ad, paid/collected a few days later.

In the time before viewing / payment, another Chap off Ebay sent a message offering £500 over asking price to gazump the other buyers! Politely refused as had already agreed. Checked his details and he was as a genuine person, decent job, nice house….so not a scam.

I know, it's very strange.......it's a well maintained vehicle, drives nicely but nobody would know that as no real enquiries or views!!!!
At a bit of a loss, guess we'll be keeping rather than upgrading. Not going to give it away..................
Reluctant to resort to eBay.

I know, it's very strange.......it's a well maintained vehicle, drives nicely but nobody would know that as no real enquiries or views!!!!
At a bit of a loss, guess we'll be keeping rather than upgrading. Not going to give it away..................
Reluctant to resort to eBay.

Forum classifieds is great, but not all buyers know about the forum.

Put it on eBay Motors as a classified Ad
for a wider audience, with lots of photos & details of service history. Any enquiry gives you the mobile number and name of interested buyer. We didn't get any scammers.

(But put the price up!..personally think its too low, which can actually put people off.)

Back