Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Ocean comfort mattress thickness

scabrero

scabrero

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi, could anyone having the T6.1 Ocean comfort mattress for the lower bed (part number 7LA.067.135.A) please tell me its thickness? Based on photos and videos I think it is 4.5cm (~ 1.7 in).

I want to order a custom made one from K-Foam because VW wants to charge me 485 £ for the original. I will post some photos and opinions if I finally order it.

The factory supplied one with mine was considerably less than 45mm, about 20mm at a guess.
When added to the rear pad, the two together may be 45mm

The T6.1 is much thinner than the T6 - too thin in my opinion. My T6 comfort mattress is great but the new one is simply unusable.

Why would you custom make rather than just get something like: https://+++++++++++++++++++++++/pro...r-the-lower-bed-vw-california-se-ocean-coast/

Didnt realise that I couldnt post links - google for

DUVALAY Ocean Mattress Topper for the Lower Bed VW California SE/Ocean/Coast​

Didnt realise that I couldnt post links - google for

DUVALAY Ocean Mattress Topper for the Lower Bed VW California SE/Ocean/Coast​

You can post link by clicking the chainlink icon at the top the message you're about to post
https://+++++++++++++++++++++++/product.php?prod=367

Hi, could anyone having the T6.1 Ocean comfort mattress for the lower bed (part number 7LA.067.135.A) please tell me its thickness? Based on photos and videos I think it is 4.5cm (~ 1.7 in).

I want to order a custom made one from K-Foam because VW wants to charge me 485 £ for the original. I will post some photos and opinions if I finally order it.
Just measured ours at 4.5cm
T6.1 MY21

I am selling one here if interested - though not sure where you are based!

The T6.1 is much thinner than the T6 - too thin in my opinion. My T6 comfort mattress is great but the new one is simply unusable.

Why would you custom make rather than just get something like: https://+++++++++++++++++++++++/pro...r-the-lower-bed-vw-california-se-ocean-coast/

I know the Duvalay option but IMO K-Foam are better looking. You can choose even automotive textile fabrics and they are split in three pieces to store it, Duvalay is one piece.

Just measured ours at 4.5cm
T6.1 MY21

Thanks!

I am selling one here if interested - though not sure where you are based!

Yes, I am interested if shipping cost to Spain are under 50 pounds. I don't know why but I can't answer in your post neither send you a PM.

I know the Duvalay option but IMO K-Foam are better looking. You can choose even automotive textile fabrics and they are split in three pieces to store it, Duvalay is one piece.

Thanks!

Yes, I am interested if shipping cost to Spain are under 50 pounds. I don't know why but I can't answer in your post neither send you a PM.
I think it might because you have to be a subscription member? I will be honest that I would expect the shipping cost to be more than 50£ being a big and relatively heavy item.

hi. would you no the thickness of the top standard mattress. I've ordered a cover and duvalay want the sizes but i don't no the thickness.
I can measure it next time I lift the roof @starbug but I’d guess at about 4.5 to 5.0cm.
What I can say is that we find the combination of the new style bed springs and the mattress in the pop top to be very comfortable.

I can measure it next time I lift the roof @starbug but I’d guess at about 4.5 to 5.0cm.
What I can say is that we find the combination of the new style bed springs and the mattress in the pop top to be very comfortable.
thanks for the reply. yes top bed is very good . not slept in bottom bed yet. i think your right with your guess too . duvalay have not been very good when ordering . i just wanted a protector for 6.1 mattress and then they want all the measurements checking . if id have known this before id payed them id have made it my self and saved the £55 pounds.

thanks for the reply. yes top bed is very good . not slept in bottom bed yet. i think your right with your guess too . duvalay have not been very good when ordering . i just wanted a protector for 6.1 mattress and then they want all the measurements checking . if id have known this before id payed them id have made it my self and saved the £55 pounds.
As far as mattress protectors are concerned, we have found that "small double", or 3/4 sized protectors have been a great fit for both mattresses and offer a great saving on the price of the bespoke offerings.

I can’t understand why everyone raves about Duvalay. I bought one of the all in one things and it was horrible. Cheap itchy sheets backbreaking sweaty memory foam and claustrophobic fortunately I managed to sell it.
So many better quality and cheaper options imo.

I can’t understand why everyone raves about Duvalay. I bought one of the all in one things and it was horrible. Cheap itchy sheets backbreaking sweaty memory foam and claustrophobic fortunately I managed to sell it.
What have you settled on @Coasterman ?

they are not water proof . and they don't no how big they are . i will have to see what its like when it comes. if it is no good ill use it for a dust cover for my motorcycle.

A bit late but if it helps anyone, the dims are on this label for the lower VW Mattress. I also looked up,the manufacturer and they have a shop https://www.froli.com/shop/:0A4AB20D-419F-4F55-B919-DE9189D7B71C.jpeg

Back