Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 ocean de-chrome

Mrstu2u

Mrstu2u

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Has anybody de-chromed their Ocean ? I'm thinking of black badges and wrapping the chrome bits on the grilles so it's totally reversible should I not like the outcome.

Thanks

Many Van owners do it, kits available.

This might help with the look when finished.

Last edited:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Funny lot we are. Some people pay VW a ridiculous amount for a little extra chrome, and others want to remove what they have already got !

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Funny lot we are. Some people pay VW a ridiculous amount for a little extra chrome, and others want to remove what they have already got !
It’s not even real chrome. Just cheap plastic.

Has anybody de-chromed their Ocean ? I'm thinking of black badges and wrapping the chrome bits on the grilles so it's totally reversible should I not like the outcome.

Thanks
They do the front and rear badges in black gloss of matt black too. I’m going matt black once new van turns up

C333AB12-65D4-4075-9113-06ED0B0B5321.png

I have gloss grilles going on mine straight away, will look to black out the side Cali badges but depends what I feel when I get my van as they may tie into the headlight too much to be black. Black badges front and rear and probably black Cali tailgate badge.

I have gloss grilles going on mine straight away, will look to black out the side Cali badges but depends what I feel when I get my van as they may tie into the headlight too much to be black. Black badges front and rear and probably black Cali tailgate badge.
keep me posted on how you get on, I would like to see yours when it's done , I was told that the California badge can't be wrapped so I'm on the look out for a black one.

They do the front and rear badges in black gloss of matt black too. I’m going matt black once new van turns up

View attachment 76811
Thank you will look at this

Many Van owners do it, kits available.

This might help with the look when finished.

Yes I've seen the kits, but I'm not sure on the gloss, if the did a smooth matte black then I think that would be better for my taste.

Will do, German company tuning-bus do black but they just look like painted oe badges, plus due to brexit they do not post to the uk.

keep me posted on how you get on, I would like to see yours when it's done , I was told that the California badge can't be wrapped so I'm on the look out for a black one.

Thank you will look at this

Yes I've seen the kits, but I'm not sure on the gloss, if the did a smooth matte black then I think that would be better for my taste.
That’s the badges, the smaller one is for the back and that is just stuck on. The front has clips I went matt black.

7E65C5A2-3EC8-4A53-8B0C-E21450E1DE16.jpeg

I’ll be stripping my rear badge and colour coding like I did in my last van

DA98D14F-F487-43D1-B457-F5081F296846.jpeg

Plasti Dip anyone?

9786bb3dbb5791d095e79a2f239afe9b.jpg

9fa15b48a53ca96c5a334fd8f2483cd4.jpg

c00391983ecaab2f54c35ff052e32318.jpg

Back