Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Privacy Settings

Goldry

Goldry

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We've only had a couple of trips so far and are still working our way through understanding all the controls, displays and settings. We were a bit frustrated by the sat nav, which didn't seem to produce optimum routes or display traffic info etc even though we thought it should via the app. Unbeknownst to us and related we had been trying to puzzle out what the "man in the hat" symbol meant on central display and then finally we realised that it meant that privacy settings were set such that the sat nav couldn't "talk" to the app. The "man in the hat" was a spy! none of this is in our manuals and I can't find any references on the web. It works much better with less restrictive settings. The question is how to make these permanent. Whenever we change the settings it resets to "the man in the hat" once the engine has been turned off and it's a faff to have to change every time. Does anyone know how to make the change persist?
Thanks
Ian

We've only had a couple of trips so far and are still working our way through understanding all the controls, displays and settings. We were a bit frustrated by the sat nav, which didn't seem to produce optimum routes or display traffic info etc even though we thought it should via the app. Unbeknownst to us and related we had been trying to puzzle out what the "man in the hat" symbol meant on central display and then finally we realised that it meant that privacy settings were set such that the sat nav couldn't "talk" to the app. The "man in the hat" was a spy! none of this is in our manuals and I can't find any references on the web. It works much better with less restrictive settings. The question is how to make these permanent. Whenever we change the settings it resets to "the man in the hat" once the engine has been turned off and it's a faff to have to change every time. Does anyone know how to make the change persist?
Thanks
Ian
Hi @Goldry, that’s an odd one. Once you’ve changed your settings I would have expected the new settings to be remembered. Have you by any chance set up different user profiles? Meaning that the setting needs to be changed for each user.
Anyway just for reference here’s a picture of my settings.

8B52E855-47D6-4300-BB92-85426A25F620.jpeg

There's only one named profile but there is also a guest profile. I'll check that the named one is being used. Thanks.

That's it! The user wasn't logged in before, now seems to keep the settings once set.

Very many thanks.