Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 204 hp dsg 4 motion metallic black

M

Mervyn kennedy

VIP Member
Hi I am new to this club and also new in the lines of posts on clubs .anyhow just bought a new 204 hp dsg 7speed 4 motion california Coast .I went for the alcantara seating bed extension full led front and rear lights ,18inch Springfield wheels,park censors front and rear ,privacy and double glazing in rear ,sat nav .we are really looking forward .always wanted one of the split window campers but thought this would be much better .bought a amarok canyon last year and never used it realy so hopefully will get use out of this car as our daughter is 6 now she is also looking forward to it .i use a t5 transporter as my work van and wouldn't be with out one .what do you club members think of this spec should I have got something else to make life easier .will be building a rear toilet and shower unit as soon as I get it .details to follow .thanks for reading .m

Hi I am new to this club and also new in the lines of posts on clubs .anyhow just bought a new 204 hp dsg 7speed 4 motion california Coast .I went for the alcantara seating bed extension full led front and rear lights ,18inch Springfield wheels,park censors front and rear ,privacy and double glazing in rear ,sat nav .we are really looking forward .always wanted one of the split window campers but thought this would be much better .bought a amarok canyon last year and never used it realy so hopefully will get use out of this car as our daughter is 6 now she is also looking forward to it .i use a t5 transporter as my work van and wouldn't be with out one .what do you club members think of this spec should I have got something else to make life easier .will be building a rear toilet and shower unit as soon as I get it .details to follow .thanks for reading .m
sounds cool merv - be interested in the rear toilet / shower unit when built ...... have you thought about a bidet too ?.

Sounds amazing spec Merv, do send a pic.
How are you building a toilet??
Some folks get the tent that attaches to the back door, and stick a portal oo, or poopaloo in it, others have separate pop up loo tents.
I would be interested to see your take on it

Hello and welcome! Have fun with your new van/Cali! Look forward to shower pics as we seldom use kind of a bag-thing.

Welcome ,
Looks like one of the first COASTS on here ,
Where are you from , as we all now the coast is not availeble in the UK ( at least i think)
I have seen and sat in one in the Netherlands but don't think many here on the forum have seen one in real life....

Welcome ,
Looks like one of the first COASTS on here ,
Where are you from , as we all now the coast is not availeble in the UK ( at least i think)
I have seen and sat in one in the Netherlands but don't think many here on the forum have seen one in real life....
Hi sorry my mistake it is an ocean I always get confused .i am from Southern Ireland.thanks for your reply.

Sounds amazing spec Merv, do send a pic.
How are you building a toilet??
Some folks get the tent that attaches to the back door, and stick a portal oo, or poopaloo in it, others have separate pop up loo tents.
I would be interested to see your take on it
It will sit behind rear door attached to where to bar would go .will swing out around to side where sliding door goes under awning .it will be telescopic on hight about 1.2 mots high closed and about 2 mts in use .will have a full hot working shower about 40 lts with immersion wast water tank also all built in to underneath of Cali where spare wheel would go .low water warning temperature indicator drain and fill points .made structure stainless steel and fibreglass and aluminium .painted in same colour as Cali black .toilet in one side with cover when shower in use With electric use .probably unit will extend up on a small hydraulic rams and lower same way .i have not seen anything like this done before so let's see how it works .size about 1.2 x800 roughly .cant make anything until Cali arrives .as on my ocean it doesn't have spare wheel underneath so tanks will go there out of way .unit will be able to be removed if not needed if being used as a car or just out for a drive .every thing will be on quick release couplings .will probably be insulated also .approximately about a 3 to 4 week build I hope .most important it doesn't inter fear with any part of car or it's components .

Hi sorry my mistake it is an ocean I always get confused .i am from Southern Ireland.thanks for your reply.

OK , was finding it strange anyway , you telling about the Coast version.

Wow,
Quite a project. I managed so neat shelves in the wardrobe, but that is as far as I went.
As before, do send pics when it is done, sounds amazing

What do you do for a spare wheel?

Back