Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Beach - electrics help

Hi

Thanks - yes - I’ve tried another cable from a nearby camper and theirs doesn’t work either.

The standard household style plug doesn’t work at all and the 20A one now only works when the engine starts as the leisure battery is flat.

The trip button doesn’t do anything on the mains breaker (in the space near the jack), so doesn’t sound like there’s any power getting in at all, so likely to be a faulty connection or breaker?
Yes, that is where we are..

I still don’t understand how the power flips from the battery to the mains? Does the mains simply charge the battery? Is the 80A fuse under the passenger seat only apply to battery power? If so, the fault must be at the mains end.

Yes, there is a mains battery charger that is powered by the 240v when the hookup is working.
This is why I was checking the mains socket and trip were definitely both not working, as it could have just been the battery charger faulty/unplugged.

The 80A fuse is between the vehicle charging side and leisure battery, but as you said the battery charges when the engine is running so this Fuse is okay.

Is the "cooler" you referred to in your original post thermoelectric or compressor.

If thermoelectric it may well have drained your leisure battery in 12 to 24 hours.

If you have a loose hookup connection somewhere, that would explain why the 12 volt electric supply is only working when the engine is running.

All 12 volt supply comes from the battery. The battery can be recharged from the engine or hookup.

Advice:
1. Get the hookup checked by the dealer
2. Sell the thermoelectric cooler on eBay (if that is what you have) and buy a compressor fridge

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Is the "cooler" you referred to in your original post thermoelectric or compressor.

If thermoelectric it may well have drained your leisure battery in 12 to 24 hours.

If you have a loose hookup connection somewhere, that would explain why the 12 volt electric supply is only working when the engine is running.

All 12 volt supply comes from the battery. The battery can be recharged from the engine or hookup.

Advice:
1. Get the hookup checked by the dealer
2. Sell the thermoelectric cooler on eBay (if that is what you have) and buy a compressor fridge

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Hi - yes it’s a VW cooler .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at the pic you have a beach rather than an SE?

Do you have any means to check the 12v voltage? If you can see if the voltage rises on hookup you will know the charger is running which means your hookup is live. If the 12v socket voltage rises on hookup then the problem could be narrowed down to the actual 3 pin socket.

Also could whatever you are plugging into the socket have blown it's fuse?

Look at the pic you have a beach rather than an SE?

Do you have any means to check the 12v voltage? If you can see if the voltage rises on hookup you will know the charger is running which means your hookup is live. If the 12v socket voltage rises on hookup then the problem could be narrowed down to the actual 3 pin socket.

Also could whatever you are plugging into the socket have blown it's fuse?
Trip test is not working on the RCBO so no power there...

so....was it a wire off?

so....was it a wire off?

Hi - no. Checked the wiring and tried a new fuse.

It’s booked in at the dealership on 22nd June. I’ll let you know the outcome :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back