Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tow bar electrics .......help !!!

patnolan

patnolan

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Just loaded the bike towbar carrier on beach for 5am start to Harwich Ferry and found no electrics at socket. (Factory fitted Wesphalia towbar)
Had a quick look in the handbook but nothing re faults.
It has been ok up to now.
Has anyone got any ideas? I
thought maybe there is a blown fuse somewhere.
I will have to drive without electrics and have another look when i get to the ferry.
Thanks

Just loaded the bike towbar carrier on beach for 5am start to Harwich Fe
rry and found no electrics at socket. (Factory fitted Wesphalia towbar)
Had a quick look in the handbook but nothing re faults.
It has been ok up to now.
Has anyone got any ideas? I
thought maybe there is a blown fuse somewhere.
I will have to drive without electrics and have another look when i get to the ferry.
Thanks

It has worked ok before.
Had another look at it and no obvious damage to wiring or socket so wondered if there's a fuse somewhere which has blown.
I have a 3 bike carrier attached which blocks out the rear lights so anxious to try and fix it before driving in Holland.

I would have thought if no electrics at all could it be earth wire or neutral ? sounds like a wiring problem to me.

if it is factory fitted it will have a fuse in one of the fuse boxes. If the fuse has blown, you will need to try and find the source of the problem which could be corrosion in the towbar electrical socket.

if it is factory fitted it will have a fuse in one of the fuse boxes. If the fuse has blown, you will need to try and find the source of the problem which could be corrosion in the towbar electrical socket.
Thanks for suggestions. Chanced driving to Holland without it working. Will have another underneath look when it stops raining.

I would have thought if no electrics at all could it be earth wire or neutral ? sounds like a wiring problem to me.
If there is a neutral in a 12v DC system then there is a bigger problem than we thought!! ;)

If you cant't sort it and you are in Holland pop into the VW place in Amersvoort. They are really clued up and no doubt would be able to cure the problem.