Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Cali Beach Indium Grey & Black Alloys

Great response Sapto - thanks for taking the time. Really clear. Now I just need to understand offset and the various other wheel options Platin have but great suggestion, thanks - you've satisfied my quality concerns.

Great response Sapto - thanks for taking the time. Really clear. Now I just need to understand offset and the various other wheel options Platin have but great suggestion, thanks - you've satisfied my quality concerns.

I hope you find your wheels (Platin or others) and look forward to some pictures.

Just out of interest please Sapto - could you share the link for finding the certs please. I quite like the P56 from Platin (sticking to this brand on your recommendation!) and would like to see the load rating. Much appreciated....

Just out of interest please Sapto - could you share the link for finding the certs please. I quite like the P56 from Platin (sticking to this brand on your recommendation!) and would like to see the load rating. Much appreciated....

Hello Gavrobb
I hope this helps:
http://files.pneu.jfnet.de/pdf/00237011/00237011.pdf

http://www.platin-raederkonfigurator.de/GB/certs/PLATIN/

The P56 have a load rate from 800 kg.

I just saw you can switch to English however the certification is still in German.
If you need any support in translation I am happy to help.

Hi. Can I mount 17" alloys on default chasis? Or do I have to opt 17" chasis to have 17" alloys mounted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please correct me: I thought you get bigger breaks?
Yes, you get 17" disk brake front and 16" disk brake rear (according to german configurator).
But are 17" disk brake necessary for 17" alloys? Because I want to equip original 16" chasis with 17" alloys. I hope this is Ok. Has anybody done that? Anny comments would be nice

Yes, you get 17" disk brake front and 16" disk brake rear (according to german configurator).
But are 17" disk brake necessary for 17" alloys? Because I want to equip original 16" chasis with 17" alloys. I hope this is Ok. Has anybody done that? Anny comments would be nice

it is the other way around;
you need 17" wheels to fit over the bigger brakes.

putting 17" wheels on a 16" chassis is purely a styling choice.

Are there any disadvantages if I do this? And what are advantages of opting for 17" chasis? Thanks

I can't help re T6 17"chassis option but 17" wheels on a standard chassis has no disadvantages. Vw put them on as standard with the higher powered Californias due to larger brakes and the 16" wheel doesn't fit them. Just to clarify you can put 17" wheels on any T5/T6 Cali with no ill effects.

Herr is my new 17" steel wheels. I got this package online for the same price as just tires mounted on my 17" aluminium rims.

The originals:
i-k3LG3J3-XL.jpg

Cheap steelies painted black with rubber paint. Dunno how well it will last but it was easy to apply and has a nice matte finish. Tires are Nokian wintertires WR D3 235/55 R17:
i-Rn77nH4-XL.jpg

...are you going to paint the wheel bolts black or get some caps ?

Havent decided yet. Dont know if the vw small caps will fit these wheels.

Herr is my new 17" steel wheels. I got this package online for the same price as just tires mounted on my 17" aluminium rims.

The originals:
i-k3LG3J3-XL.jpg

Cheap steelies painted black with rubber paint. Dunno how well it will last but it was easy to apply and has a nice matte finish. Tires are Nokian wintertires WR D3 235/55 R17:
i-Rn77nH4-XL.jpg
The van appears to have changed colour as well :)

Folks, anyone know that these wheels are called, I spotted them the other day and thought they would look the part on my white beach.
Any help would be appreciated !View attachment 13682
A bit late for a reply, granted, but you did ask...
They seem to be the VW "Preston" wheel (http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7516458-2008-Jetta-SE-on-18-quot-OEM-VW-Preston-wheels)
But all the ones I've seen have the wrong bolt pcd for a T6, and I wouldn't think Load Rated enough for a Cali either. Nice though, just no good for yourt van?

Finally got this one sorted - thanks to all on here for the great help. Ronal alloys (thanks to Duncan at T5wheels for all the great technical support) and a set of Nokian Weatherproof which look more than up to the job I was hoping for a set of winter tyres suitable for some serious snow - year round ability is a huge bonus. Pretty please with how these worked out - its a minefield out there to get all the little details right on non factory alloys - amazing the amount of sites that will sell you something not fit for the Cali...

https://goo.gl/photos/j3JPxh2GAEeroVVV7

https://goo.gl/photos/Ts6G7eARjzv8JDZ46

Last edited: