Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Cali Beach Indium Grey & Black Alloys

Batmobile

Batmobile

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Its all pretty dirty, but here she is with the new Platin 69 rims fitted. These are 17"x7.5J. I think they suit the vehicle perfectly (not too aggressive, with simple ten spoke design). You can get them from pneus online for £320 for a set in this size. I noted far more all season tyres in 235 55 R17 than 255 45 R18 and they are of course cheaper too. I am thrilled with how it looks now and also how it rides. The difference on the larger rims and tyres is much greater than I expected. I fitted Nokian Weatherproof tyres which should be plenty good enough in summer and ace in the winter and snow (very important to me). I also have no space to store winter/summer rims, so compromise is the name of the game. The grip is pretty aggressive so should be good on muddy grass too.

Now I need to get bucket and sponge out :)

IMG_1311-2.jpg

Its all pretty dirty, but here she is with the new Platin 69 rims fitted. These are 17"x7.5J. I think they suit the vehicle perfectly (not too aggressive, with simple ten spoke design). You can get them from pneus online for £320 for a set in this size. I noted far more all season tyres in 235 55 R17 than 255 45 R18 and they are of course cheaper too. I am thrilled with how it looks now and also how it rides. The difference on the larger rims and tyres is much greater than I expected. I fitted Nokian Weatherproof tyres which should be plenty good enough in summer and ace in the winter and snow (very important to me). I also have no space to store winter/summer rims, so compromise is the name of the game. The grip is pretty aggressive so should be good on muddy grass too.

View attachment 13288
Nice van, looks ace with those wheels on. Any other upgrades in the pipeline?:thumb
I assume you are supposed to pronounce the name of that company different to how I am as it sounds rude in my head.:embarrased

Hi, thanks, I'm stoked with them and all for a fraction of the price of VW wheels. Now to sell the 16" Claytons....

I'm not planning anything extra for now as watching my pennies. Next big one will be a fridge.... I'd consider some subtle cosmetic tweaks further down the road, but I feel it has worked out pretty well just with the alloys. I think it is because the body is not a light colour. If it were white or silver, it might really benefit from side stripes like the 'Edition' ones. I might still add some as v cheap to do. Maybe get the B pillar's blacked? Side bars are expensive and prob not on the shopping list, but they look good.

Hi, thanks, I'm stoked with them and all for a fraction of the price of VW wheels. Now to sell the 16" Claytons....

I'm not planning anything extra for now as watching my pennies. Next big one will be a fridge.... I'd consider some subtle cosmetic tweaks further down the road, but I feel it has worked out pretty well just with the alloys. I think it is because the body is not a light colour. If it were white or silver, it might really benefit from side stripes like the 'Edition' ones. I might still add some as v cheap to do. Maybe get the B pillar's blacked? Side bars are expensive and prob not on the shopping list, but they look good.
Have always had my eye on these
http://www.exploria-online.co.uk/styling-sidebars.aspx
But not sure how they will look with the 16" claytons on, think they would match a set of 17" alloys better?? I went for the VW fridge with the order, it's a bit big and the base plate is a brute of a thing but it is sturdy and would think it would be secure in an accident (got forbid).
Keep us up to date with additions and pics, I always love to see em! :thumb

Have always had my eye on these
http://www.exploria-online.co.uk/styling-sidebars.aspx
But not sure how they will look with the 16" claytons on, think they would match a set of 17" alloys better?? I went for the VW fridge with the order, it's a bit big and the base plate is a brute of a thing but it is sturdy and would think it would be secure in an accident (got forbid).
Keep us up to date with additions and pics, I always love to see em! :thumb
Just can't decide about sidebars. Do we know if these ones fit the T6? certainly better value than VW.

Just can't decide about sidebars. Do we know if these ones fit the T6? certainly better value than VW.
Don't know for sure but everything else seems to except the bike racks due to the rear door change. Would check before ordering though! :)

View attachment 13288

Oh looks like a brother to mine! Like yours! Have fun!

(fitted 225/55 17C Vancontact 200)

70f482e8a49f8a411a1f25976c392495.jpg

9b35bcb93b5c8911109be2d614054df7.jpg

You don't see Platin wheels in the UK it seems. I originally saw them on a number of new T6 Calis being sold by a Swiss dealer and thought they looked great. I can't quite remember how I then found them, but they are IMHO some of the nicest black wheels on the planet for the Cali and at a great price!

Correct! I'm still in love with them!

You don't see Platin wheels in the UK it seems. I originally saw them on a number of new T6 Calis being sold by a Swiss dealer and thought they looked great. I can't quite remember how I then found them, but they are IMHO some of the nicest black wheels on the planet for the Cali and at a great price!

You're right! You find them online for about CHF 166.- or even cheaper. There are a lot of nice clean black wheels however they are mostley more expensive. I wonder how they do or look line in a couple of months.

Did you bought them in Switzerland?

You're right! You find them online for about CHF 166.- or even cheaper. There are a lot of nice clean black wheels however they are mostley more expensive. I wonder how they do or look line in a couple of months.

Did you bought them in Switzerland?

*Did you buy...*

I bought them from 'pneus online' (French) but they shipped from Germany I think. I haven't seen any UK dealers.

I think they will wear fine. The finish seems excellent and its a robust finish. They are TUV rated, so there are no concerns about the truthfulness of their load rating. I think they're a genuine bargain. I am sure if some UK dealers start selling them, the price will be much higher! Mine arrived in about 3 days.

These look good - I've been looking for black 17" alternatives to VW Sportlines, added to the list - thanks.

These look nice but I don't think they work with the 340mm discs that the 180 T5 has. I may be wrong though.

When I bought my 17" I was asked by the warehouse whether my discs were less than 340mm, so yes, it sounds like the 18" would be the way to go on the 180.

Yes, I think the 18" would fit. I was hoping to stick to 17" though for cheaper/more choice on tyres.

Folks, anyone know that these wheels are called, I spotted them the other day and thought they would look the part on my white beach.
Any help would be appreciated !image.jpg

That would be just about right with my luck !!!
Awe well, the search continues for alloys to set off our forth coming Beach :)

Folks, anyone know that these wheels are called, I spotted them the other day and thought they would look the part on my white beach.
Any help would be appreciated !View attachment 13682

They are 18" PRESTON for the VW Golf. I was falling in love with them, but they are not made for the T6. So I guess I go for the 18" TOLUCA myself.

IMG_3753.JPG

Did you know you can google photographs? Just save the image you don't know the name of (the wheel in this example) to your desktop, go into Google and click the little camera icon on the home page. Then upload the image and it will search the Internet for similar photos. All,you need to do is find a photo with the correct title or name. Simples....