Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MPV vehicle classification for MY19 California

Ian Maddocks

Ian Maddocks

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199 4 motion
I received my Ocean in Jul 2019, after DVLA started classifying campers as MPVs or Vans with Windows in March 2019, and before DVLA change back, in 2020, to classifying them Motorhomes again.

Has anyone managed to get their Cali classification changed and their V5 reissued?
Does anyone have concerns that our 2019 vehicles are caught in the middle and we will find it difficult to insure once the insurance companies forget about the crazy phase DVLA went through in 2019?
Is there any benefit in keeping it classified as an MPV?

Is there any benefit in keeping it classified as an MPV?
Parking in some leasehold residential estates is one, which sometimes ban ‘motor caravans’ or other odd worded restrictions.

I was under the impression that the DVLA requirement for what they expect to see in the application regarding various features; specifically “a high top roof (this does not include a pop-top elevating roof” precludes re-categorization. Has this “requirement” changed?

I was under the impression that the DVLA requirement for what they expect to see in the application regarding various features; specifically “a high top roof (this does not include a pop-top elevating roof” precludes re-categorization. Has this “requirement” changed?
i dont know about requirements changing, all I know is an Ocean, from new, is now classified as a Motorhome. So you would expect if you imported an Ocean in to the UK it would come out as a motorhome, then so should a re-classification.

i dont know about requirements changing, all I know is an Ocean, from new, is now classified as a Motorhome. So you would expect if you imported an Ocean in to the UK it would come out as a motorhome, then so should a re-classification.
Any update on this Ian?