Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 front Spoiler

Jamie Eborall

Jamie Eborall

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi there. Im thinking about adding a front spoiler to my T6 ocean 4 motion. It seems that the VW sportlne and the ABT one look the nicest. But does anyone know how much more drop the ABT spoiler gives. As it looks a lot lower than the sport line and will be visiting a lot of Devon and Cornwall beaches. Thx.

We had a ABT front splitter on our T5 Cali which I really liked the look of (not cheap) I was looking forward to the T6 version but it looks like it belongs on a 80s Cortina. I digress, getting on and off levelling ramps was a challenge due to the fact it drops lower than the bodywork it fixes to.
The sportline on my mates T5 Cali was no problem from memory, the new T6 Sportline spoiler is hideous in my humble opinion (no offence meant) it sticks out at the sides and does not flow into the bodywork the same as the T5 one did.
Don't get me on the ABT rear spoiler :Depressed.

Both myself and mate have fitted Maxton design front splitters instead, £120.00 gloss black, no bonding needed. bolts on with 6mm bolts so can be removed and the holes are not visible.

Thanks Mate. They look nice. And I agree I don't want to sacrifice the hassle of not being able to use ramps etc purely for cosmetics. Do you know the Wasp one as well. It looks similar to the ABT.

Just make sure you fit a plastic one, not Fibreglass, thy are an inferior quality and will shatter if kerbed.

If I could guarantee a T5 ABT front splitter would fit a T6 I would consider it but just not feeling the new one or the Sportline.

I also fitted Maxton, mainly as no loss of ground clearance or painting required.
Not so simple to fit as I assumed.

Excellent, Thanks Guys do any of you know where I can also get some side skirts,. Again the ABT ones seem to flare out at the front - I would prefer some that are the same depth all the way along. Ta V much..

Excellent, Thanks Guys do any of you know where I can also get some side skirts,. Again the ABT ones seem to flare out at the front - I would prefer some that are the same depth all the way along. Ta V much..
World of QB Carbon said they have just done new side skirts but they are not on the website yet.

I did not fit carbon, as I have carbon mirror caps and rear bumper protector and I like all the carbon to match. So went for the Gloss black Maxton.
I'm not a fan of side skirts I'm thinking problems with jacking it up if you have a puncture, also I like side bars so unless I'm mistaken you cant have both.