Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 High Consumption of electrictt

K

Kjelic

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi to all, I have problem with my Cali. I have issue that all the time I have very big cunsumption or energy all the time more than 20A. I already try to take out all fuses but nothing chhange. Any other idea. 37E54601-D456-4C5F-8E2B-41FA5BFF68BB.jpeg

Hi to all, I have problem with my Cali. I have issue that all the time I have very big cunsumption or energy all the time more than 20A. I already try to take out all fuses but nothing chhange. Any other idea. View attachment 86050
What happens to the voltage?

Don't get the 2 Chevrons on mine. Just a - on discharge and nothing when charging.

Might be worth a panel reset.

Don't get the 2 Chevrons on mine. Just a - on discharge and nothing when charging.

The 2 chevrons just indicate " Greater than " the indicated 20 amps.

If the voltage doesn't change then this is an anomaly and, as you said, probably worth a Control Panel reset.

A high resistance at the shunt will cause the panel to overread the current. I think shunt repairs have been well discussed. Have a look around.

The 2 chevrons just indicate " Greater than " the indicated 20 amps.

If the voltage doesn't change then this is an anomaly and, as you said, probably worth a Control Panel reset.
If actually over 20Amps flowing I'd expect a rapid voltage drop and something overheating, smelling.

That is the charging current going in, from the alternator, as it’s positive. A current drain would be negative. It’s a normal condition, with the engine running. It normally drops off slowly when the leisure batteries are fully charged up.

When the alternator is in a high output mode, and the leisure batteries are low I get the 2 chevrons. You can force it into high output on the T6 by turning on a heavy consumer like the heated seats or headlights. I do this all the time override the blue motion low output alternator mode and fully charge the leisure batteries when driving.

That is the charging current going in, from the alternator, as it’s positive. A current drain would be negative. It’s a normal condition, with the engine running. It normally drops off slowly when the leisure batteries are fully charged up.
One little problem you have is that according to the picture of the Control Panel , the Engine Isn’t Running.
So your theory is Incorrect I’m afraid.

When the alternator is in a high output mode, and the leisure batteries are low I get the 2 chevrons. You can force it into high output on the T6 by turning on a heavy consumer like the heated seats or headlights. I do this all the time override the blue motion low output alternator mode and fully charge the leisure batteries when driving.
If the engine is running.

If the engine is running.
I noticed that. It’s either engine running or on hook up and the symbol is missing. The battery is at 100% and 12.9V. It’s being charged by something I’m afraid.

Voltage stay same, longterm starts falling down till 10.4.
I hope you mean the current drops to 10.4 from >>20 A? If you have let the battery voltage drop to 10.4 V it may be toast.

I hope you mean the current drops to 10.4 from >>20 A? If you have let the battery voltage drop to 10.4 V it may be toast.
No current is al the time the same >>20A, voltage will drop to I think 11.4 when fridge and roof will stop working. Issue is because today i fill battery to 100% after 10hours i have only 40% with all devices shut down. So I think I have one big hidden consumer.

Bit of back to basics
Have both leisure batteries been fully tested?

Bit of back to basics
Have both leisure batteries been fully tested?
No they are not tested. This happens to us in the middle of vacation. Batteries are both pretty new around 1year.

No they are not tested. This happens to us in the middle of vacation. Batteries are both pretty new around 1year.
Was just a thought that possibly one battery is failing.

No current is al the time the same >>20A, voltage will drop to I think 11.4 when fridge and roof will stop working. Issue is because today i fill battery to 100% after 10hours i have only 40% with all devices shut down. So I think I have one big hidden consumer.
As most of the consumer electrics are fused at or below 15amps except for the Parking Heater, you could try pulling the fuse for the Parking Heater and if that makes no difference disconnect the Split Charge Relay that connects the Leisure Batteries to the Engine Battery/Alternator to totally isolate the Leisure circuit.