Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Options, options

Hi Richard I'm still waiting for mine so don't hold me to it.
Configurator was not active when I ordered but I did order the laminated glass which is also privacy glass. It is complicated and I don't have enough confidence to confirm how private it is.

Here is a previous thread and you will see how difficult it gets. Perhaps someone who has it will pop up and tell you more.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/laminated-glass-package-in-cab.13264/

Mike
Just posted some images to that thread, before and after adding film, in case they might be some help :thumb

but does this also mean that it won't mist up ? Even if it won't it will still freeze on the outside won't it? And a heated rear window is just as much, if not more, useful for defrosting on the outside as for delisting on the inside isn't it?

My double glazed rear window never mists up on the inside and only seems to get a very light frost layer compared to the windscreen, this light frost then seems to melt very quickly and is taken off with the wiper within a hundred yards of setting off from home. I wondered if this was the hot air from the exhaust billowing up the back of the vehicle?

The rear windows with the Z2C laminated option turned out not dark enough to be considered as privacy glass IMO (the dealer agreed), and nothing like the extent of tint described by VW Customer Services either! So I had 20% VLT film added which the dealer kindly contributed to, and now they are spot on for what we want - approaching limo grade but not quite that dark.
Did you have the VLT film added to the rear nearside window? I wondered if this was possible - as this window is behind the wardrobe/cupboard unit and not accessible. If film was not applied - is there an obvious difference in the level of tint?

The film is only on the small window in front of the wardrobe. It looks fine, can't see any obvious join or anything odd from inside or out.

Next time though it will be standard glass and a darker privacy film. Also with the laminated glass pack the tinting on the two laminated winding windows seems to me to be less than standard glass. With hindsight I wouldn't have bothered with this option. Just my view though.

Back