Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Ocean badging

The Cali has dimable upstairs lights as standard and now has cupboard lights too, but the under worktop lights are an extra.

Do all the MY19’s come with lights in the upstairs and strip lights on cooker/sink doe anyone know?
Coincidentally I asked the same question of my dealer earlier this week.
My understanding is that there are two levels of lighting in the Ocean. "Comfort" (Std) and "Comfort Plus" (Option). "Comfort" comes with two dimmable lights in the tailgate, three dimmable lights in the pop-up roof (one at the foot end and two at the head-end), kitchen strip light, lights in the kitchen cupboards and roof lights on either side of the kitchen galley. "Comfort Plus" is the same as "Comfort" but with footwell lights in the kitchen galley (behind the two front seats at floor level), and enhanced drivers and front passengers door entry/exit lighting also at foot level. Should you elect to specify the "Comfort Pus" option be aware you will, oddly, have to specify the shower as well. I hope this helps but please don't hold me to it as during the conversation with my dealer it was clear that they too were a little lacking on the knowledge side. Whilst I was there they even called "Brand" to clarify so I think what is above is reasonably accurate. All the best.

Last edited:
My understanding is that there are two levels of lighting in the Ocean. "Comfort" (Std) and "Comfort Plus" (Option). "Comfort" comes with two dimmable lights in the tailgate, three dimmable lights in the pop-up roof (one at the foot end and two at the head-end), kitchen strip light, lights in the kitchen cupboards and roof lights on either side of the kitchen galley. "Comfort Plus" is the same as "Comfort" but with footwell lights in the kitchen galley (behind the two front seats at floor level), and enhanced drivers and front passengers door entry/exit lighting also at foot level. Should you elect to specify the "Comfort Pus" option be aware you will, oddly, have to specify the shower as well. I hope this helps but please don't hold me to it as during the conversation with my dealer it was clear that they too were a little lacking on the knowledge side. Whilst I was there they even called "Brand" to clarify so I think what is above is reasonably accurate. All the best.
Thanks @Jabberwocky :cheers

Thanks - The 'must have shower' is a bizarre one!

It used to be all red TDI was top bhp TDI was intermediate and TDI was lowest spec. 4 motion was available with various power units in various markets.

Tom
Mine is now TDI. The red is already fainted to pink/chromish :confused:.

Perfectly happy with my rear end....:embarrased
20190302_082331.jpg
Arrived in December 18

Ours is also a late December arrival, does yours have the new front zip roof?
No zip up my front. Never even new they did that till seen a post on here about it.

Mine is a Dec 2016 Ocean 204 - It has all red TDI letters. When I ordered it there were 2 badge deletion options - delete model description (California) and delete engine description (TDI)