Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Ocean ordered

Alibee

Alibee

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Have just ordered our T6 from the very nice Guy in Preston and, within 24hrs, have had a week 6 provisional build date notified. It'll probably change 10 times before we get her but she'll be worth waiting for!

Spec is as follows:

California Ocean 150 DSG
  • Composition Media Radio with 6.33" touch screen
  • App connect
  • Front and rear parking sensors with rear view camera
  • Cruise control
  • Bed extension with comfort sleeping mat
  • Green insulating privacy glass in cab with double glazed privacy glass in the passenger compartment
  • Lights & vision package
  • Multi-function steering wheel with radio, telephone & display controls
  • Towbar preparation
  • Chrome pack
  • Silver awning rail with tent prep
  • Mud flaps
  • Storage net
  • Cupboard in dark wood with outdoor shower connection
  • 2 USB interfaces
  • 80L fuel tank
  • 2 folding keys with one fixed keys
In red with standard wheels. Our last T4 Westy was red (Rosie) so we're continuing the theme. If the two-tone red option comes available before we have our confirmed build date then we'll swap to that, but I've also been considering a white wrap for the top half if not.

Huge thanks to everyone that has taken the time to write up their thoughts on the various options and the order process as a whole. Some very helpful posts which have made placing the order a lot easier than it could have been!

Last edited:
Great. But week 6 sounds a bit too optimistic.

I thought the same, but Guy told me that some of his orders have just had their provisional build weeks brought forward by 3-4 weeks. I'm not going to get too excited until I have a confirmed date....

Guy told me that some of his orders have just had their provisional build weeks brought forward by 3-4 weeks.

I hope ours is one of them - our provisional date has been moving around for over 6months now!

Great bloke to deal with though and a very nice spec of Ocean! Nice to hear about the T4 connection too!

Great bloke to deal with though and a very nice spec of Ocean! Nice to hear about the T4 connection too!

He was the only salesman I spoke to that seemed to give me clear info, take a genuine interest in my order (including options selected) and have a good handle on the order-to-delivery process. Will be quite happy if the next I hear from him isa phone call in January saying "build confirmed for week 6", but I've sneaking suspicion we'll be talking before then!

Hi been to our local Van centre looking at the new T6 Ocean we love it but unsure to buy. Always wanted vw camper and now we have just retired we would love to buy but worried about various issues we have heard about faults. Have you any thoughts ?

Vehicle Forums attract 2 types of members. Those who are interested in the vehicles and people who have problems. This Forum has over 9,000 members covering vehicles from the 90's onwards. How many VW or Westfalia Campervans have been made in that time period? I have no idea , but a lot more than 9,000.
No vehicle is without its faults whether by design or by manufacture. At least with the VW California you have a comprehensive 3 year warranty that covers the whole vehicle. Some of the top conversion companies using new vehicles offer a 3 yr VW warranty on the base vehicle and only 1 year on the conversion.
Also, with VW, parts for the whole package are available going back many years.

Before we bought we did loads of research, looked at numerous conversions hired a Cali etc etc....there are some good conversions but (despite some of the posts on here) we love our Cali, it has its foibles and like anything mechanical things can go wrong but it is a great piece of kit......at the end of the day nothing is guaranteed and its your decision...

Vehicle Forums attract 2 types of members. Those who are interested in the vehicles and people who have problems. This Forum has over 9,000 members covering vehicles from the 90's onwards. How many VW or Westfalia Campervans have been made in that time period? I have no idea , but a lot more than 9,000.
No vehicle is without its faults whether by design or by manufacture. At least with the VW California you have a comprehensive 3 year warranty that covers the whole vehicle. Some of the top conversion companies using new vehicles offer a 3 yr VW warranty on the base vehicle and only 1 year on the conversion.
Also, with VW, parts for the whole package are available going back many years.
We have been down the conversion route but much prefer a factory built vehicle, as I not keen on windows roof being cut out of a newly supplied van. With the price tag of £53k I will be hoping for very few faults it any.

Oh that does not sound promising Snowy55. Owned VW's last 45 years, had a few issues but of course the cars I bought didn't cost 53k lol

The VW company of today aint the VW company of 20 years ago, it's all done down to a price nowadays like all major manufacturers but people still remember the VW of yesteryear whose vehicles were a bit better then most.

Oh that does not sound promising Snowy55. Owned VW's last 45 years, had a few issues but of course the cars I bought didn't cost 53k lol

I read more about adventures, experiences and modifications on here than I do about faults.

Get yourself a top-up warranty to cover the 5yrs (£349-£649 depending on mileage needed) and relax. There'll probably be a few trips to the dealer to get a few things sorted in that time but it should pale in comparison to the amount of adventures you'll have.

I suppose you have to ask yourself what the alternative is, and from all the research I did before ordering, there is no alternative that comes close.

I read more about adventures, experiences and modifications on here than I do about faults.

Get yourself a top-up warranty to cover the 5yrs (£349-£649 depending on mileage needed) and relax. There'll probably be a few trips to the dealer to get a few things sorted in that time but it should pale in comparison to the amount of adventures you'll have.

I suppose you have to ask yourself what the alternative is, and from all the research I did before ordering, there is no alternative that comes close.
Thanks Lewis I agree there is no alternative both just retired and want to have a few adventures and feel having a vw campervan is better than booking B& B

The VW company of today aint the VW company of 20 years ago, it's all done down to a price nowadays like all major manufacturers but people still remember the VW of yesteryear whose vehicles were a bit better then most.
Yes I agree, we just worry as this will be a huge investment for us we would be very disappointed if it turned out to be a bad one.

Have just ordered our T6 from the very nice Guy in Preston and, within 24hrs, have had a week 6 provisional build date notified. It'll probably change 10 times before we get her but she'll be worth waiting for!

Spec is as follows:

California Ocean 150 DSG
  • Composition Media Radio with 6.33" touch screen
  • App connect
  • Front and rear parking sensors with rear view camera
  • Cruise control
  • Bed extension with comfort sleeping mat
  • Green insulating privacy glass in cab with double glazed privacy glass in the passenger compartment
  • Lights & vision package
  • Multi-function steering wheel with radio, telephone & display controls
  • Towbar preparation
  • Chrome pack
  • Silver awning rail with tent prep
  • Mud flaps
  • Storage net
  • Cupboard in dark wood with outdoor shower connection
  • 2 USB interfaces
  • 80L fuel tank
  • 2 folding keys with one fixed keys
In red with standard wheels. Our last T4 Westy was red (Rosie) so we're continuing the theme. If the two-tone red option comes available before we have our confirmed build date then we'll swap to that, but I've also been considering a white wrap for the top half if not.

Huge thanks to everyone that has taken the time to write up their thoughts on the various options and the order process as a whole. Some very helpful posts which have made placing the order a lot easier than it could have been!
Live North West called at Preston Van Centre few weeks ago and spoke to sales. They had a nice T6 in the showroom with a price tag of 65K :( looks a nice setup there.