Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ocean ordered - eeek

Lalala

Lalala

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
After watching various campervans for a long time, initially thinking we wanted a conversion , then a beach then hiring a T5 SE and deciding we wanted to go full fat - we have finally taken the plunge and ordered an Ocean . Hopefully it will turn up before the new car tax in April 2017!

Despite already ordering we are still wobbling about the spec . And still not decided on colour either ! And occasionally about the whole purchase . Is this normal ?

Below is our spec

150 manual
Colour ( ordered idium grey but considering changing to Bamboo )
Adaptive cruise
Parking sensors
Awning
Privacy glass
Leather multi function steering wheel
Lights and vision
Composition media radio with 6.33 touch screen
App connect
Extra seat
Comfort mattress
Safe
Mud flaps

Would welcome thoughts , have we missed anything daft ? What are people's thought on Bamboo . It's advertised as green but looks more blue in the flesh . We thought it might be more interesting . Or is too unusual for resale etc

Thanks for all the advice so far . This forum has been brilliant for researching

Roll on 2017

Totally normal.

After wobbling about the vehicle, the spec .... the next are the extra's, pots, pans, bedding, pretty pictures to hang off the walls, cushions, blinds .......

Then the dedication of a cupboard.... then a room ..... then a house ....... to store all the accumulated extra's in whilst you await the arrival of your beloved.

The day comes, your first trip, your Cali stuffed with all the extra's

You come back.... and find out how versatile the Cali is by converting it into a small removal van as you take away all the extra's you bought but don't need and go and do a bit of shopping for the bits you now think that you do need....

Repeat last paragraph approx twice a year!

Welcome, the Cali is a great, great vehicle with a few vices but you will almost certainly grow to treasure it beyond all else .... :D

Thanks . We had the bamboo right next to the grey and still couldn't decide!

Yes we are wobbling on the DSG too. We have driven a 140 manual SE , a 150 manual beach and a 204 DSG Ocean. We do like the DSG and also the bigger engine but it comes down to cost in the end and my petrol head other half reckons he's happy with the smaller engine and that we're not buying a sports car ( although he regularly reminds me we could buy a ferrari at this price )

We think the adaptive cruise would be better on the automatic too

On the flip side the 150 manual is cheaper , more fuel efficient and less to go wrong. That's how we've justified it .... I think

Thanks GrannyJen . I was looking at accessories , pots and pans etc before I bought the van ... Going to try and stick with the existing camping stuff I think and upgrade stuff once we have the van and tried it . But it's def going to be difficult not to buy stuff beforehand

Bamboo is very nice and a bit different in a good way.

Hi - have you seen the actual privacy glass in the flesh? If so and its what you want then great. If not you might find its not as private as expected for a camper and end up adding tinting film. Alternatively you could save the money from the factory privacy glass option and use it to select the grade of tint you are definitely happy with when it arrives. With hindsight I wish I'd done this. Just a thought anyway. Welcome to the long wait club, def worth it in the end :)

If you're getting ACC (adaptive cruise) then DSG is definitely worth considering
2nd this but qualified by I've not got mine yet. I have got DSG on another vehicle and ordered for my Cali with ACC. I would not order ACC without DSG and would not order Cali without DSG. So if it comes down to prioritise ACC would go and DSG would be added.
Hard decisions isn't it

Mike

Would welcome thoughts , have we missed anything daft ? What are people's thought on Bamboo . It's advertised as green but looks more blue in the flesh . We thought it might be more interesting . Or is too unusual for resale etc
I'll let you know in a couple (or three) weeks time - our Bamboo Garden Green Beach is on its way from the VW factory! I still haven't seen a T6 in BGG, we based our decision on a Caddy.
As for wobbles - still wobbling as I think about how stoneybroke we will be after we've paid for it!
Spec - looks good; we changed from manual to DSG 3-months after ordering, partly because of how well it combines with ACC. They do the 150 with DSG too, don't they - and the 150 DSG is (currently) cheaper on the VEL front as the gizmos of coasting, etc., brings the CO2 levels below the threshold (how convenient VW;)).

Agree, if you're having ACC, consider a DSG gearbox. It really is a Smooth Operator, and has proved it's self reliable, which is more than can be said for the control panel !

With the comfort mattress it requires the rear parcel shelf to be on the lower setting and you lose valuable storage space, maybe consider and an aftermarket topper instead.

As it seems that people are now ordering Bamboo Green perhaps we ought to have a Panda Club as well as a Custard Club for the adventurous ones with yellow Cali’s.

2nd this but qualified by I've not got mine yet. I have got DSG on another vehicle and ordered for my Cali with ACC. I would not order ACC without DSG and would not order Cali without DSG. So if it comes down to prioritise ACC would go and DSG would be added.
Hard decisions isn't it
emoji4.png

Mike
ACC is still pretty good with manual, but DSG gets more value out of it (we've got both). Likewise, DSG feels the right choice for the Cali - but as ever it's a very personal view :thumb