Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Ocean Roof Rack Loading

S

samtomkin

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi. We have just purchased a 2019 Ocean and want to carry kayaks on the roof.
Can anyone please point me in the direction of the roof rack loading capacity. The owners manual states 50kg. But it does not state what the parameters of this are - ie: is this for pop top open?
I don't intend to open the pop top with any weight on it but wish to know the closed capacity so that we know how much loading we can carry.
Already chosen the Thule Hullivator system for 1 kayak as this will be what I carry mostly. But need to know if I can take 2 or even 3 kayaks directly on the Wing Bars for when I have company.
Really looking for guidance in writing or anyone who has contacted VW Cali dealers about this question specifically.
Thank you :)

It's 100kg with the roof closed. 50kg with roof open.

Doesn't seem there's still a conclusion to this...

Looking at the VW accessories website it says that "Adding roof-bars to your vehicle can boost your load capacity by 45 kg"

Doesn't seem there's still a conclusion to this...

Looking at the VW accessories website it says that "Adding roof-bars to your vehicle can boost your load capacity by 45 kg"

If the max roof load is 50kg (some say it’s more) and VW are saying that adding roof bars you can Increase your overall load capacity by 45kg, then I suspect they are making a 5kg allowance for the roof bars, 5 + 45 = the 50kg max.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Hi. We have just purchased a 2019 Ocean and want to carry kayaks on the roof.
Can anyone please point me in the direction of the roof rack loading capacity. The owners manual states 50kg. But it does not state what the parameters of this are - ie: is this for pop top open?
I don't intend to open the pop top with any weight on it but wish to know the closed capacity so that we know how much loading we can carry.
Already chosen the Thule Hullivator system for 1 kayak as this will be what I carry mostly. But need to know if I can take 2 or even 3 kayaks directly on the Wing Bars for when I have company.
Really looking for guidance in writing or anyone who has contacted VW Cali dealers about this question specifically.
Thank you :)
Post number 1....