Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 optional extras

G&Ts

G&Ts

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi,

This is my first post to this forum though I've been reading it for days as we've been planning the purchase of our first T6 California Ocean!

We're almost ready to place an order (eek...) but there are a few optional extras we've been unable to identify, I wonder if anyone could advise what they are?:

- Bed extension with comfort sleeping mat (I assume this is for the lower bed and the mat is essentially a mattress, but what exactly is the bed extension/how does it work?)

- Electrical interface / mulitfunctional control module for external use

We've tried raising these questions with a couple of local dealers, but nearly two weeks on and we don't have any answers as yet...

Many thanks!

The bed extension is just as you say, it's the mattress topper, it extends the bed's height. (Bad German translation that's all)

The electrical interface is to allow you to modify the electrical system with non-VW electrical accessories - you would tick this if you were planning to have some mods done after delivery.

The electrical interface is to allow you to modify the electrical system with non-VW electrical accessories - you would tick this if you were planning to have some mods done after delivery.

I saw this and wondered what it was as well. What type of mods might you be able to do?

Many thanks for your feedback. In that case we'll order the bed extension (i.e. mattress topper). I can't imagine the eletrical interface is something we'll need as we're not planning any mods.

That just leaves the mulitfunctional control module for external use (available without the electrical interface) - can anyone shed any light on this?

i am also thinking about buying an Ocean but am unsure what the following are and wondered if someone can explain.
the chrome package (MY2017) ZL6
Lights and vision package Z4A
5MC Decorative insert dark brushed silver decorative strip in lower outside body colour
5MN Decorative insert dark brushed silver decorative strip in upper outside body colour
Lastly do you need both the tow bar prep (1D2) and the actual towbar to get a functioning towbar or do you just need 1D7?

The lights &a vision package allows auto lights when there is reduced light . Also gives you auto dip head lights , when ordered ! It allows the wipers to operate on rain sensors . If you order a tow bar to be factory fitted there will be no need for the preparation package , but all this will show up at the dealers when you configurate your order .

When I asked re Z4A - West Yorkshire van centre described the lights and vision package as, auto wipers, auto lights and Dimming rear view mirror.

i am also thinking about buying an Ocean but am unsure what the following are and wondered if someone can explain.
the chrome package (MY2017) ZL6
Lights and vision package Z4A
5MC Decorative insert dark brushed silver decorative strip in lower outside body colour
5MN Decorative insert dark brushed silver decorative strip in upper outside body colour
Lastly do you need both the tow bar prep (1D2) and the actual towbar to get a functioning towbar or do you just need 1D7?

If you do a search for konfigurator it will take you to the German configuration page. If you use Chrome browser it will translate most of the text and it explains what lots of these options are. Before someone always comes in with some of these options are not available in the UK. This I know but for fact finding its very useful. I understand the external thingy to be for outside entertainment a TV for example.

• Chrome strip on both sides of the vehicle, on tailgate and in the lower air intake
  • Radiator grille, painted black, with three chrome strips; at the lower radiator grille more chrome trim
  • Black b pillar we think.

Pillar in front of you when sat in drivers seat is A pillar and B the one behind where the seat belt is attached.

Mike

Last edited:
If you do a search for konfigurator it will take you to the German configuration page. If you use Chrome browser it will translate most of the text and it explains what lots of these options are. Before someone always comes in with some of these options are not available in the UK. This I know but for fact finding its very useful. I understand the external thingy to be for outside entertainment a TV for example.

• Chrome strip on both sides of the vehicle, on tailgate and in the lower air intake
  • Radiator grille, painted black, with three chrome strips; at the lower radiator grille more chrome trim
  • Black b pillar we think.
I also believe chrome pack includes a black B pillar. Be a bit disappointed if it doesn't.

Mike

Back