Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Ordered Today!!!

P

PetePete

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi all!
We just took the plunge - ordered a cali Beach today and now need to wait for ? months. Delivery is supposed to be end of 2015 or early 2016. Whatever - we are excited and look forward to be able to travel with our four sled dogs. Many might think we are crazy (we probably are and are severe dogaholics) but they are used to travelling in their crates in our Crisisler Town & Country and will be comfy and cozy during the night.
In any case we will be much more flexible now as we have not really been able to travel flexibly and on a whim's notice in the past.
THANK you all for all the invaluable advice in this forum. So many great insights and tips which helped us and allowed us to make an informed decision on which Cali and with which options to purchase. You are the best!!

so what have you on order a t5 or t6

Must be a T6, the first on the forum I think :thumb

Yes, but he's in Switzerland, so presumably has ordered LHD, may have even ordered in Germany in fact.

Hi and welcome , a six months wait....would drive me nuts!
But it's wourth the waiting;)

Yes, LHD T6, 4WD, manual shift as I really did not enjoy the automatic. It is too laggy for my taste and I will be using it a lot in the snow so want the better responsiveness that comes with the 150hp.
Interesting process buying it - as the T6 is not yet available I speced out based on T5 and received a price guarantee for the T6. When the T6 comes out I will be able to add any new goodies I want such as new safety features at the T6 pricing.

This is not good news for anyone wanting to buy a T6 in the UK when the order book is not even open yet

Hello, we order our T6 California on Friday it was the Ocean and there was a queue to take my order.

Delivery is expected in February 2016 :sad

What colour did you order?

Was the "Acapulcoblau" colour one of the choices available? It is shown in the new brochure but the Configurator on the German site doesn't seem to include it, just the existing colours. "Bambusgarden Green" is missing from the Configurator too.

I was in our local dealer today, they expected the order book to be open in mid July but due to the amount of orders made in Germany the factory in Hannover is totally overwhelmed so there looks like there could be some big delays.

I'm waiting on my new contract with work if they are going to keep me out here in Germany for the full term of the contract possibly 2 years I might sell my T5 that I've just got and out the deposit on a T6 ok it might be left hand drive but that's the way the van was designed to be.
Lots of thinking to do.

Not too sure how true this is but I spoke to my dealer today who is quite clued up and he reckons due to the amount of T5 Cali's that were ordered prior to T6 they may not even start on T6 production until late autumn, could this mean we may not see any T6 Cali's in the UK until 2017?

Maybe, i was always under the impression the earliest T6 Cali's are going to hit our shores is summer 2016.

Not too sure how true this is but I spoke to my dealer today who is quite clued up and he reckons due to the amount of T5 Cali's that were ordered prior to T6 they may not even start on T6 production until late autumn, could this mean we may not see any T6 Cali's in the UK until 2017?

From what I understand, the order bank for T5's is so long they may not start delivering T6's until after the T7 is launched :Nailbiting

From what I understand, the order bank for T5's is so long they may not start delivering T6's until after the T7 is launched :Nailbiting
Put a deposit on a T8 now :D

In principle they can't sell the Euro 5 compliant T5 models after September, and it seems unlikely they have planned it so badly that they can't sell anything for more than a year. My guess (more a hope really) is the order book will open in September and delivery will be spring next year.

The problem is the order book for the T6 Cali is already open to our European neighbours and they are being given delivery dates on February 2016, this means once the UK order book opens there is going to be a massive backlog.

I don't know how VW do their resource planning. But if it were me then I'd ring-fence an amount for each country/region, on the basis that it would be a marketing disaster to have unavailability of a model for more than 12 months. The T5 became unavailable, i.e. UK order book closed, in late Feb so I'd expect them to be supplying T6's here by Feb/March next year.

The California has a strong brand and following so sales won't be damaged by a short interruption in supply, we'll simply wait. But beyond a year and we'll find other options. Personally if it's later than next Spring then I'll get a new T6 panel van (which must be here this year) and have a conversion done by Three Bridge Campers. I'm not going to miss a second summer season waiting. Other people might start looking at Transits and Renaults instead, or Mercs.

VW Marketing dept can't be complete muppets surely? I hope not anyway.

Hi all!
We just took the plunge - ordered a cali Beach today and now need to wait for ? months. Delivery is supposed to be end of 2015 or early 2016. Whatever - we are excited and look forward to be able to travel with our four sled dogs. Many might think we are crazy (we probably are and are severe dogaholics) but they are used to travelling in their crates in our Crisisler Town & Country and will be comfy and cozy during the night.
In any case we will be much more flexible now as we have not really been able to travel flexibly and on a whim's notice in the past.
THANK you all for all the invaluable advice in this forum. So many great insights and tips which helped us and allowed us to make an informed decision on which Cali and with which options to purchase. You are the best!!
No, I don't think you are crazy with 4 sled dogs; we travel with 6 and will start savings many many Euro shillings with ZuluCampi.

Trawling around the net this evening I came across an article in Autocar on 21 May regarding the new Caravelle. It quotes a VW spokesman saying that the new Cali will not appear until after the Transporter and Caravelle are launched. A late 2015 UK 'on sale' date for the Transporter/Caravelle is mentioned, which suggests to me we won't see any RHD T6 Cali's here until well into 2016.

Hi all!

Join the club! I ordered T6 3 weeks ago in Switzerland after having been told off by the Swiss Athorities for driving my UK car (...im resident here for work, so not allowed).

Fully loaded 204hp DSG. Quoted October / November for the delivery.

UK Buyers just be aware, I am told that the dashboards on the UK models will not be the same as in Euroland.

Join the club! I ordered T6 3 weeks ago in Switzerland after having been told off by the Swiss Athorities for driving my UK car (...im resident here for work, so not allowed).

Fully loaded 204hp DSG. Quoted October / November for the delivery.

UK Buyers just be aware, I am told that the dashboards on the UK models will not be the same as in Euroland.

This is correct, also UK will have limited choice in engine and no DSG until 2016. I also say beware that here in Germany we have had so many orders for the T6 California already we are now getting delivery times on April 2016. You guys could be waiting until 2017 I think

This is correct, also UK will have limited choice in engine and no DSG until 2016. I also say beware that here in Germany we have had so many orders for the T6 California already we are now getting delivery times on April 2016. You guys could be waiting until 2017 I think
Same here in Switzerland. They used to sell 300 max per year but last year they sold over 1000. Hopefully they ramp up the workforce to cope with the demand. The dashboard that they got in the UK for the T5 was from the VW Transporter and not the Cali.

Yes, the same in Germany that sales have increse 70% on previous year for the California. I personally do not think the factory will handle this demand very well as it is small compared to the transporter production line.

Second user T5 California's are now selling for more than new ones

After many calls to my dealer without them bothering to return my calls, I have now been told I will not be able to place my order until after the new year, I have also been advanced warned there will be no dicounts due to the high demand.

My spring trip to Scandanvia is now on so need to either hire or buy a T5

Back