Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Long life service t6

I have also noted that the oil temperature, at quite a gentle 65mph motorway cruise gets to around 110c where with Albert it would hardly get warm, eventually hovering around the 100c.

110c sounds hot to me in that situation, I would have thought about 90c would be normal.

I know its a T5.1 140 but the max I've seen on ours is 106c that was fully loaded in 40c temps doing the climb up towards the Millau Bridge

110c sounds hot to me in that situation, I would have thought about 90c would be normal.

I know its a T5.1 140 but the max I've seen on ours is 106c that was fully loaded in 40c temps doing the climb up towards the Millau Bridge

I agree. Different engine but in those very relaxed driving conditions, constant 1700 rpm rolling along on cruise I would expect to see Albert below 100c. If the sensors measure viscosity, and the oil is constantly running hot, I would expect that to affect the life measurement.

Anyway, SMG have sent a report to VW Tech dept and hopefully tomorrow will find the cause. The main thing though is that they eliminate the squeak coming from the Fridge/wardrobe area that is driving me nuts :shocked

I agree. Different engine but in those very relaxed driving conditions, constant 1700 rpm rolling along on cruise I would expect to see Albert below 100c. If the sensors measure viscosity, and the oil is constantly running hot, I would expect that to affect the life measurement.

Anyway, SMG have sent a report to VW Tech dept and hopefully tomorrow will find the cause. The main thing though is that they eliminate the squeak coming from the Fridge/wardrobe area that is driving me nuts :shocked
Regarding the “Squeak”, let us know what it was, please.
If they cannot fix it, try Putting a cloth under the fridge door. If the Squeak stops, try spraying some Silicone spray on the Fridge Lock.

The needle is coolant, the digital display is oil.
After reading this I monitored both on a 3h15, 282km drive on an empty hilly autostrada during siesta (Messina to Balestrate).

T6 150 DSG heavily laden with 4 bikes on rack.

Cruise set to 90 kph; gently up to 110 for overtaking; gently down to 60 for roadworks; 1 pee break.

Coolant a steady 90 degrees
Oil between 90 and 103
Fuel consumption 15.7 km/l (44.35 mpg)
MFD appears to over read fuel consumption by ~5%.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

If they cannot fix it, try Putting a cloth under the fridge door. If the Squeak stops, try spraying some Silicone spray on the Fridge Lock.

Trouble with being the only driver is that I have to rely on others in the back seat to locate for me.

So far I have had 94 y/old Mum in the back seat, deaf as a post ..... Sister in the back seat, lack of directional hearing due to measles as a child, and Max, my dog.

Max seemed to be the most diligent, pointing to the fridge intently with his nose, but that was probably due to the contents of steamed liver that I was carrying to feed to two hungry doggies later.

Mine is running at 110deg c and demanded an oil service at around 12000 miles while we were far from home in Scotland. I must admit it was sooner than I expected , it’s an2016 t6 dsg 4motion 204 ps
The oil service indicater dropped from 1200 miles to zero in a very short time like a hundred miles

Checked mine today. I have the same motor as you and indicating oil change at 12,500 miles.

Mike

It was a pipe fouling the underside of the fridge.

Latest from SMG Cowfold.

It is not a service issue.

There are no service bulletins in place warning of excessive short intervals between oil services. They did put 05 litres of oil in which could account for the fluctuation.

My answer: Bullshit.

A brand new engine consuming 0.5 litres of oil in 1,700 miles is a bit alarming.

An "oil service" indicator that drops by 600 miles in a 100 mile, deliberately gentle cruise .... Motorway, ACC set to 65 mph..... is clearly abnormal.

In fairness to SMG Cowfold,

They were diligent and professional in sorting out a squeak and a rattle. They are being guided on the oil service indicator problem by VW technical. This is the same VW technical that took 32 days to work out why my leisure batteries were not charging from hook-up. My confidence levels are therefore somewhat shakey.

Also another observation. Alfie is a dream to drive, everything else is going brilliantly well, the engine is under warranty for the next five years anyway and in terms of happy-smiley-bunny satisfaction levels, well.... what a brilliant vehicle it is.

Back