Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 VW California Delays

I got some fantastic news today. My Cali (Ocean 204 DSG) has arrived in Leicester. Pick-up provisionally arranged for next Tuesday. So that will be 19 weeks from order and 8 weeks from the start of the confirmed build week for those that want a benchmark.

I'm waiting for some piccies from the dealer as evidence that it really exists. Just need to see those seats facing the back to be sure I am not an inadvertent victim of swivel gate and I'll be very happy. :)

Hello,
I ordered my T6 Beach 4 weeks ago and just chased up the dealer to get an idea on delivery and he's currently telling me end of July possibly august :(. How does this fit with other people's experience who have placed orders in February ?

Looks like I will need to hold on to my 20 year old T4 for a little while longer.

Hello,
I ordered my T6 Beach 4 weeks ago and just chased up the dealer to get an idea on delivery and he's currently telling me end of July possibly august :(. How does this fit with other people's experience who have placed orders in February ?

Looks like I will need to hold on to my 20 year old T4 for a little while longer.
Seems like an honest Dealer. Might come sooner but I wouldn't go booking anything you cannot reschedule or cancel.

We too ordered our T6 Beach early February and were offered a provisional delivery date of 31 May 16. Having chased the dealer a couple of times to see if any progress was being made we've today been told to expect delivery in late August or maybe September!

Losing the entire summer season is more than a little bit annoying and the knee-jerk reaction to throw teddies in the corner and cancel the order is being suppressed...but only just!

I would say you have a proper dealer, I see a pattern here where some dealers promise 3 months delivery and after a few weeks then blaming the factory for shortages etc. It is very strange only the british market have these short times in the beginning and then suddenly are effected by shortages and end up with the 6-7 months as the rest of the european market. I haven't heard of anything of it in the german forums.

Thanks, good to know it's what others are getting, not that I don't trust what he said but he is a "dealer" and they have their ways....

It will be worth the wait and we have the old boy still so no major issues. I just need to be patient... I was hoping to drive over to Holland in June but I think. I will have to fly as I feel nervous driving my current one that far not that he's ever let us down just I would rather not be stuck just in case, given its next to impossible to get breakdown cover.

I would say you have a proper dealer, I see a pattern here where some dealers promise 3 months delivery and after a few weeks then blaming the factory for shortages etc. It is very strange only the british market have these short times in the beginning and then suddenly are effected by shortages and end up with the 6-7 months as the rest of the european market. I haven't heard of anything of it in the german forums.

I guess my scepticism wasn't that miss placed ;)

Thanks, good to know it's what others are getting, not that I don't trust what he said but he is a "dealer" and they have their ways....

It will be worth the wait and we have the old boy still so no major issues. I just need to be patient... I was hoping to drive over to Holland in June but I think. I will have to fly as I feel nervous driving my current one that far not that he's ever let us down just I would rather not be stuck just in case, given its next to impossible to get breakdown cover.
Hi. Lots posts on T6 delays see T 6 thread on this. Martin has posted latest feedback from VW yesterday. One day ...

Thanks
So I see, sorry for the post I will stick a watch on that thread and cross my fingers..

I had just started a thread on this but I will jump in here. Ordered in Feb, nudged the dealer and was told end of July.

Ordered a Beach DSG, non leather, with 17" Alloys plus the usual parking heater, sensors and exterior pack

Just had an email from VW Head Office with details of the delays which is down to parts shortage.

The main parts that are holiding things up are:

Leather
Toluca Alloy

and best of all .... Tyres are out of stock!

Leather what? Or is this a general lack of leather for steering wheel, gear stick shroud, etc.?

Leather what? Or is this a general lack of leather for steering wheel, gear stick shroud, etc.?

I meant seats, I went for the dark fabric option (I forget the name). It should have the multifunction steering wheel so if thats leather then it has some.

I meant seats, I went for the dark fabric option (I forget the name). It should have the multifunction steering wheel so if thats leather then it has some.

I was specifically asking Martin about the email from VW on shortages that he received.

Just had an email from VW Head Office with details of the delays which is down to parts shortage.

The main parts that are holiding things up are:

Leather
Toluca Alloy

and best of all .... Tyres are out of stock!

Minority of Cali's opting for these wheels, so no real answer there. But the tyres? Is that all sizes?

Got great news this morning that our Ocean 204 DSG 4 MOTION has arrived at the dealer! Pick up next week.

Just for another benchmark: ordered 6 Nov, build date of week 7 confirmed on 7 Dec.

They were unable to get clarification on what the factory meant by 'leather' they are chasing up for more information.

Sent using Tapatalk

They were unable to get clarification on what the factory meant by 'leather' they are chasing up for more information.

Sent using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. I was a little confused as leather seats are not an option.

Somebody's got their Cali - first on-the-road spot of a 16 plate Starlight Blue (I think) California on the A520 in Staffordshire - looked nice... Didn't see whether it was a Beach or an Ocean as it was traveling in the opposite direction!

Reactions: DM
Emailed my dealer today. Ordered 20 th January Ocean 150 DSG ,reply :

"You must be psychic ....!
I`ve just had a update list from our Administrator, saying yours is
Now `Unconfirmed week 23` now! (along with other California Ocean orders)
Which is Week Commencing 6th June. "

Not psychic just well informed by forum members .

Got great news this morning that our Ocean 204 DSG 4 MOTION has arrived at the dealer! Pick up next week.

Just for another benchmark: ordered 6 Nov, build date of week 7 confirmed on 7 Dec.
Same order date, same delivery date Angus. At least that's a bit of consistency I guess (although my build week was week 4). They probably came across together on the boat from Emden.

Sent using Tapatalk
My first interpretation would be leather seats.

Back