Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 VW California Delays

Whoopee so excited for you. Please give feedback when collect. We've also ordered from Eurovans ( Crawley).
Appears production has slowed down . Is it DSG ???
Unconfirmed build week 23( ordered January)

We also ordered from Eurovans Crawley, (204 dsg 4motion) given a confirmed build week 6 and van arrived at the dealer during week 9. We were originally told to expect delivery late April / early May so a really nice surprise when we got the call.

Picking up next week. Very excited!

Great news On getting your vans early, we have finally been given a confirmed date of week 14. Hoorah ! Sorry if been a bore but it's been so frustrating hearing all the confirmed dates from you guys who ordered after us. Final count on changes of build date = 6. ( week 12,8,17,14,16 and finally 14). Will go and wait patiently now for delivery end of May. Hope to see you at June meet.

The build date for my 150 manual Ocean ordered at end of November last year has now reappeared on the system and has moved from week 11 to week 15 plus the 5 week addition for 'production issues' plus 4 weeks for shipping so now looking like mid June - we'll see!

The build date for my 150 manual Ocean ordered at end of November last year has now reappeared on the system and has moved from week 11 to week 15 plus the 5 week addition for 'production issues' plus 4 weeks for shipping so now looking like mid June - we'll see!
Not so good. Hope things improve for you on that one.

Any details on what the "production issues" actual are and why they are being added to the product date? Getting clarity on all of this from VW appears to be like getting blood out of a stone!

We are currently in the throws of an official complaint to VWCS due to lack of communication to customers on the delays. Saying that its due to tyres or leather is not good enough. Our poor sales guy Chris Figg must get fed up of people (or just us) asking what the delays are, he has no info either. It will be interesting to see what they have to say,

I don't understand why some people get theirs early, some on time and some have delays but place your order folks and start planning your trips and buy your first lot of gear so you are ready to roll when it arrives (We have a cupboard and the corner of a bedroom with stuff ready for Clive). I've never bought a new vehicle before so I had no idea about ordering what is effectively a bespoke van conversion but I was surprised back in December when they said 20 weeks. It's rolled around quick though.

Delays can be down to the simplest of things. A couple of years ago my Q7 delivery went back 6 weeks because they had run out of 21" alloy wheels. These were standard fitment on the model I had chosen. I waited about 18 weeks for it in the end.

I asked my dealer today if they have any more delivery information which he didn't, however, if I would order a T6 today it's 9-10 months of delivery time.
Is this some kind of record?

Wasn't aware, really? That would be fantastic if-so. Thanks for that, you've just made my day! :thumb
I have a provisional build date for the same week and my dealer told me if that is the actual date I would have my new van by the end of May at the latest.

Exciting, isn't it!

Good luck! :)

I have a provisional build date for the same week and my dealer told me if that is the actual date I would have my new van by the end of May at the latest.

Exciting, isn't it!

Good luck! :)

Thanks for the explanation SK & I do hope your date gets the green light ASAP!
Too right it's exciting!!

Thanks for that & good luck to you too mate :thumb

Cheers
Tom

Ordered at the end of January. Dealer says our build date got confirmed within 3 weeks after the order. week 14.
Pretty sceptical about it and keep contacting dealer if it wasn't moved. He still insists nothing changed and week 14 is approved. What are the chances it can move? Because it is less than a month to that build date now.

Ordered at the end of January. Dealer says our build date got confirmed within 3 weeks after the order. week 14.
Pretty sceptical about it and keep contacting dealer if it wasn't moved. He still insists nothing changed and week 14 is approved. What are the chances it can move? Because it is less than a month to that build date now.
I'm the same: ordered in January, given a provisional week 14 build within a few days, still not confirmed. I really hope it gets confirmed any day now!

I'm the same: ordered in January, given a provisional week 14 build within a few days, still not confirmed. I really hope it gets confirmed any day now!
Me too. Still week 13 provisional. Has not been confirmed or moved back - I checked today. And - @Tommy Gun had his order confirmed for build week 15 - work that one out. In fact - I'm not going to ask again. Dealer says that orders often go straight into production without dates being confirmed first. Patience is the name of the game...

Good for you! is that it confirmed now?
Not yet but as CoboCali was told, my dealer says orders often go straight into production without being confirmed. He thinks it is unlikely to slip much this close to the date.Fingers crossed!

Thanks! What date do you have week 15 as?

I have it written down on a bit of paper at home, so I'll need to get back to you on that.
I'm at work, skiving at the moment...:rolleyes:

From memory I think it is either the last week of April or the 1st week of May. Happy to be corrected by anyone else though, if they have the info to hand.

EDIT - More inclined to think the 1st week of May

Cheers
Tom

I have it written down on a bit of paper at home, so I'll need to get back to you on that.
I'm at work, skiving at the moment...:rolleyes:

From memory I think it is either the last week of April or the 1st week of May. Happy to be corrected by anyone else though, if they have the info to hand.

EDIT - More inclined to think the 1st week of May

Cheers
Tom
Tom, I think you meant that week 15 is the first full week of April, not May. I have read earlier in this thread that VW build weeks are typically one week ahead of my MS outlook calendar. (as the first Friday of 2016 was counted as VW build week 1 I believe).
That makes my provisional build week 13 = w/c 21/03/15, and your week 15 = w/c 04/04/16. Do correct me though if I have this wrong, I am not confident enough in this to state it as fact.

Back