Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Windscreen Blinds

Gavrobb

Gavrobb

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi all - I must be missing something but I dont see how the front windshield blinds in the T6 (fitted in the door pillars) are meant to stay in place. The manual is no use and my usual google research tool shows no results - what am I missing please?

Both roll out from the door pillars, rigid pole on each end with a locating pin top and bottom of the pole - I see a couple of odd folding 'wings' by the rear view mirror with locating holes for the poles but nothing on the dash to hold the bottom in place? The manual talks about folding the mirror out the way but this is not possible with the rain sensor on there, consequently it's all a bit of an odd run with the mirror in the way and no way to 'clip' the two halves together.

I must be missing something? Just back from our first trip.

Thanks

Hadn't checked out these before HC - they look good.
On the blinds though, the way the photo's are taken there is a big gap across the top which surely can't be right???

Hi all - I must be missing something but I dont see how the front windshield blinds in the T6 (fitted in the door pillars) are meant to stay in place. The manual is no use and my usual google research tool shows no results - what am I missing please?

Both roll out from the door pillars, rigid pole on each end with a locating pin top and bottom of the pole - I see a couple of odd folding 'wings' by the rear view mirror with locating holes for the poles but nothing on the dash to hold the bottom in place? The manual talks about folding the mirror out the way but this is not possible with the rain sensor on there, consequently it's all a bit of an odd run with the mirror in the way and no way to 'clip' the two halves together.

I must be missing something? Just back from our first trip.

Thanks
I think they are the same in our Westfalia. At first thought the mirror was in the way until the dealer just pushed the mirror until the blinds met then the magnet holds them. I was being too gentile. Paul

Hadn't checked out these before HC - they look good.
On the blinds though, the way the photo's are taken there is a big gap across the top which surely can't be right???

You have to fold the sun visors down to fill in the gap above .
The roll-out blinds do not give full black-out , we use a outer thermalscreen from Comfortz for full black-out

I think they are the same in our Westfalia. At first thought the mirror was in the way until the dealer just pushed the mirror until the blinds met then the magnet holds them. I was being too gentile. Paul

The system is changed on the T6 , improved but still not the best....

Thanks for that one HotelCali (great link btw..) Yep - I'm missing the fitting on the dash - see photo. Odd one and I'll take it up with the dealer, fortunately this one is their demo while I await my late delivery (long story for another post....) Great to be sure that I have this on our new one...

Cali2.JPG

Sorry, they are not the same as my Westy . They are not as good, the Westy ones are concertinad (pleated) and light tight.

Just back from seeing my T6 Ocean (prior to collection on 1st March). The dealer could not get the blinds to fit. The pole seems about 3cms too short for it to stay in place (they kept flying back into the roller and we gave up trying as were scared we'd damage something. He's away to check out how the should close. Anyone already worked it out? I didn't take pics but will do on Tuesday if he hasn't got an answer yet.

Mine has 2 little holes here, where the black piece seems to be on your photo. Edit: the holes are not that far back!
upload_2016-2-26_16-46-36.png
Then move the rearview mirror fully out of the way (it can be done with the rain sensor)
Clap the little wings down
Pull the blinds out
Stick in the holes at the bottom
Manouver the other end into the "wing"

I'll try to make some pics at the weekend.

Last edited:
Thanks for that we did all that but the 'pole' was still not long enough to stay in the holes either end and kept popping out...

Just to add to the link above - the highlight in my earlier photo is not the part for the blind - that "black bit" is just part of the dash (as per the edit) and not working for the blinds.. Swissair is correct - the holes won't be that far back. Dealer has admitted that this loaner demo is missing the part mentioned above (odd I thought but I am assured ours will have this...)

Certainly seems to be some issues around these....

Collected my van today and they had adjusted the flaps that come down in front of the rear view mirror (as in pic above). Blinds now fit perfectly. Works well when it's assembled correctly.

Back