Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Windscreen blinds

The sun visor is also impossible to pull down as the headrest is in the way. I end up turning the front seat round again which is a pain. Am I doing something wrong?

Use the reclining mechanism to tip the seat forward to make room.

I don't always want to pull the front blinds across when arriving on site but find it a real pain to get them in place with the front passenger seat turned round. The sun visor is also impossible to pull down as the headrest is in the way. I end up turning the front seat round again which is a pain. Am I doing something wrong?
Gillian, you’re not doing anything wrong,
I've spent 7 years trying to remember not to turn the seats until I’ve done the front blind........ some people never learn! It's close to impossible once the seats are turned.

A sticky label on the windscreen can sometimes help!

David

I thought this would be an improvement but it sounds like it’s more of a faff
It's not a faff at all. The new integral blinds are great as a reflector on a hot day, for modesty if getting changed in the van in a busy area, and are good enough at night. They don't however have any heat retaining / condensation reducing properties compared to the wrap around external cover or the velcro-on isolite deluxe (or something like that) that I use.

Gillian, you’re not doing anything wrong,
I've spent 7 years trying to remember not to turn the seats until I’ve done the front blind........ some people never learn! It's close to impossible once the seats are turned.

A sticky label on the windscreen can sometimes help!

David
Thank you @andyinluton and @DavidofHook :) I will try tipping the back of the seat further forward when I turn it and see if that helps. It is a real palaver to get the blinds in place though, especially in the dark when I have stuff on the drivers seat and have had a glass or two of wine! Might just need to do it when I set up.
If it is cold I use the silver screens and that is the same - if you don't turn the passenger seat before you put them on you can't open the side door so have to take them off again.
The other thing I never remember to do is to pull the back headrests up before sliding the seat back from bed position!

Back