Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Windscreen curtain

itscalledbob

itscalledbob

Home is where you park it
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
When I ordered my T6 I noted that VW had incorporated a windscreen blind into the A post. What a great improvement I thought!

I've just been to the dealers and had a play with it. What a completely useless bit of kit! There's a 4 inch gap that the visor doesn't cover, you have to keep readjusting the r/v mirror, the locating pins don't quite fit into the top bracket (at least the one I tried didn't) and the curtains kept flying back. What are VW thinking? I'd have thought the very basic requirement would be to cover the whole screen, but no! Looks like the first accessory I buy will be an external screen cover.

And I thought the t5 solution was a bit half arsed!

I agree we brought a black lightweight external cover. We've only used the internal one once getting changed for a wedding last weekend.

Its also a little temperamental in that you have to allow it to retract slowly and align itself with the recess it folds back into. I also have the comfortz windscreen cover to use when camping. BUT in the round - I believe the VW front blind is useful and I have used it a number of times - it is definitely effective at keeping the vehicle cooler in hot sun when parked up. Its certainly a decent attempt at what must be a difficult design challenge.

The Beach comes with a manual internal windscreen cover that fits over the vanity mirrors and tucks down over the dash - very easy to use and effective - plus matching side window covers with magnetic fastenings ..... maybe you could order one

BUT in the round - I believe the VW front blind is useful and I have used it a number of times.

I guess I'll see in time ;)

The Beach comes with a manual internal windscreen cover that fits over the vanity mirrors and tucks down over the dash -

That I believe sounds the same as the t5 SE solution. :thumb

Sorry to hear that - I'd love blinds all round in a future VW.

I'm currently using Kiravans reversible silver screens with suckers left over from my previous van, really good but yet another thing to stow!

When I ordered my T6 I noted that VW had incorporated a windscreen blind into the A post. What a great improvement I thought!

I've just been to the dealers and had a play with it. What a completely useless bit of kit! There's a 4 inch gap that the visor doesn't cover, you have to keep readjusting the r/v mirror, the locating pins don't quite fit into the top bracket (at least the one I tried didn't) and the curtains kept flying back. What are VW thinking? I'd have thought the very basic requirement would be to cover the whole screen, but no! Looks like the first accessory I buy will be an external screen cover.

And I thought the t5 solution was a bit half arsed!

I think you haven't quite got the idea. Once you understand how to do it they work fine. Tilt the rear view so you can flip the top brackets. The blinds clip in fine and adjacent to each other. Once in place tip the sun visors down against the blinds and you are nicely protected from any prying outside eyes. I've tried and certainly can't see in from the outside on my Ocean.

Works fine on mine too

I think you haven't quite got the idea. Once you understand how to do it they work fine..

Silly me! And there was me thinking the principle of a window blind was to block the sun and not leave light leakage all over.

My dealer had to adjust mine prior to handover as they were popping out quite astonishingly and we couldn't get them to work. They do now, although I never use them as have the Isolite Extreme for temperature insulation (hot/cold) on all the windows and they also cut out a lot of noise (when sleeping with roof down, of course, like last night at Tebay).

Back