Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T7 California Hybrid to be presented in June 2021?

I keep hearing people saying MQB cannot take higher loads, yet when I try to find concrete information about this, I always come back empty, so I'm not sure if the MQB platform itself has a limit on load capacity, or if there is enough flexibility to make a chasis that takes higher load while still being considered MQB.

Apparently the VW Atlas (muuhsive SUV in the US) also uses the MQB platform... that tractor can't be light.

Mind you, after seeing this T7 I'm quite disappointed. This is not a transporter, it's a Sharan, but who knows if there'll be a California based on it? there is a Caddy California after all
We are all speculating. I personnally think the next cali will be based on that t7. The commercial one shared with ford will be replacing the larger model. The one shared with man and used for the grand cali.
I know they announced the cali was staying on the t6.1 but this is often the case for s while...

But again, speculation. The bulli has always been using the same platform as the cali, no? so I am hoping as personally, I prefer to drive a car than a van...

As someone said, if not, I'm sure we will find some converters who will do it.

But again, speculation. The bulli has always been using the same platform as the cali, no? so I am hoping as personally, I prefer to drive a car than a van...
Absolutely right, and if they're going to be serviced through their passenger car network then all the better.

Commercial dealers are lovely and all that but I wouldn't miss them.

Given the T7 uses the same platform as the Caddy Maxi, which has a load capacity of less than 650Kg, I can’t see how the T7 could be crafted into a full blown California. It’s more like a replacement for the Touran and Sharan combined, which will likely both be phased out in the next 24 months. Using the T7 name does seem a bit strange as it seems more of a ‘Sharan Maxi Life’ to me. It reminds me of the Renault Grand Espace from 15 years ago!
maybe vw wanted a people carrier for city centres and not a diesel. the queen gets driven around london in a t6 . don't no what the rules for emissions in other countries are. but the t6.1 vans is a commercial and vw can keep making them . only cars are affected by the petrol diesel ban. vans motorcycles trucks and 3 wheelers motorhomes not affected.

Those are spare belts for use with the 3rd row rear seats slid forward. rear row outer seats don't have integrated belts.
So surely that means the rear side seats can only go in a few select positions due to the belt fixing points? Progress!

+ I couldn’t see any belts on the swivel seats.

maybe vw wanted a people carrier for city centres and not a diesel. the queen gets driven around london in a t6 . don't no what the rules for emissions in other countries are. but the t6.1 vans is a commercial and vw can keep making them . only cars are affected by the petrol diesel ban. vans motorcycles trucks and 3 wheelers motorhomes not affected.
According to the U.K. government , cars and vans.

Step 1 will see the phase-out date for the sale of new petrol and diesel cars and vans brought forward to 2030.

So surely that means the rear side seats can only go in a few select positions due to the belt fixing points? Progress!

+ I couldn’t see any belts on the swivel seats.
Either that or they are very long belts!
I’m sure the middle row had them.

It does Look like a seatbelt in this screen shot. Shame they couldn’t make the 3rd row outer seat belts the same and done away with the C and D pillar mounted ones.

3AD819ED-97C7-45BB-8619-2326E192F85E.jpeg

According to the U.K. government , cars and vans.

Step 1 will see the phase-out date for the sale of new petrol and diesel cars and vans brought forward to 2030.

i think that was changed around march april time. so was the camper tax . our company makes parts for f1 and other similar sectors. the newest projects are new engines designed by uk govement funded university . they are petrol engines. go figure ? maybe they like giving money away. or maybe you need a jab to drive one lol. believe what you want. but they aint started building the 30 power stations yet and the heap of old batteries is getting higher from all the phones hoovers cars toothbrushes drills garden tools . it was the green party who wanted us to buy diesel cars . oops got that wrong . can you buy electric now. oops.

i think that was changed around march april time. so was the camper tax . our company makes parts for f1 and other similar sectors. the newest projects are new engines designed by uk govement funded university . they are petrol engines. go figure ? maybe they like giving money away. or maybe you need a jab to drive one lol. believe what you want. but they aint started building the 30 power stations yet and the heap of old batteries is getting higher from all the phones hoovers cars toothbrushes drills garden tools . it was the green party who wanted us to buy diesel cars . oops got that wrong . can you buy electric now. oops.
Massive off-shore wind capacity and new nuclear being built now. Uptake in decentralised generation too. It was Labour not Green who promoted diesel, on the basis it has lower CO2 emissions than petrol. They forgot about the particulates though.

Anyone else not liking the one colour front bumper? I really thought I’d like it once it was fully revealed but I’m finding it more and more disappointing.

I keep hearing people saying MQB cannot take higher loads, yet when I try to find concrete information about this, I always come back empty, so I'm not sure if the MQB platform itself has a limit on load capacity, or if there is enough flexibility to make a chasis that takes higher load while still being considered MQB.

Apparently the VW Atlas (muuhsive SUV in the US) also uses the MQB platform... that tractor can't be light.

Mind you, after seeing this T7 I'm quite disappointed. This is not a transporter, it's a Sharan, but who knows if there'll be a California based on it? there is a Caddy California after all
Yes I think it will just be a smaller significant departure from what we have been used to for the last few decades

I never noticed that before - the V2L 2000W plug socket. Removes the need for lithium chargers and solar entirely, as there's sure to be a charge / hold SOC traction battery option while driving, in addition to the plug-in option.

I so hope this comes to be reality as with the Westfalia Ford Nugget PHEV.

Then I can see how much my eyes water when the price list is published

Back