Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T7 Spyshots.

I have a Nugget with hot running water and I've given up trying to figure out the hot water system. You get no instructions, two ends to the boiler depending on whether you're on 12v or 240v, inaccessible switches to turn it on and some vague mentions of needing to fill the boiler on forum discussions. I'd rather wash up/shower in cold water than figure it out.
Sounds like the trying to get the 3 way fridge trying to work in my old VW T2 Viking!

I remember one rainy evening in the Cali preparing dinner with the roof bed down, the kids having to be up in the pop-top, my wife in a front seat, and it all being quite cramped. With the Nugget you can prepare dinner in the kitchen, and you still have a 5-seater lounge area and pop-top free. For a slightly bigger footprint, the Nugget lay-out really opens up the space.
A friend has a good quality conversion with the same layout as the Nugget, but LWB…had lots of practical space, whilst avoiding the Cali bedtime shuffle which was required if there were more than two people; It’s amazing how much extra space the small additional width (+ length basis LWB) creates.

Define "use". In the California I guess you can sit on the bench seat and cook with the roof down. You would struggle to do this in the Nugget unless you knelt down, or were the same height as my 8 year old (135cm, she can still stand with the roof down).

You can access the fridge and all the cupboards with the roof down via the tailgate though.

For us the Nugget is a massive improvement over the California, but that's because we have three kids. Having two sliding doors, plus access via the tailgate, and being able to cook breakfast in the kitchen with both beds set-up (and everyone else asleep) is a massive improvement over Cali life.

The roof bed is 140cm wide, so we can put all three kids up there (which we couldn't do in the smaller California bed).
Yes, my observation was that the worktop looks to be higher than in the Cali, which I thought might make it tricky to use with the pop top down. You also don’t have the seat to use like in the Cali. I guess you would normally pop the roof up when cooking.

A friend has a good quality conversion with the same layout as the Nugget, but LWB…had lots of practical space, whilst avoiding the Cali bedtime shuffle which was required if there were more than two people; It’s amazing how much extra space the small additional width (+ length basis LWB) creates.
LWB is a game changer on a VW and it’s no different to drive or park.
It VW keep bringing out different model Calis they should think about a LWB T

View of the California Concept interior with cupboards from VW…

IMG_3901.jpeg

View of the California Concept interior with cupboards from VW…

Not much space between the captains chairs and bed. Not see a flip up table. The fridge has to be in a different location. Thats all I got for now.

Good timing

Also good video below.

Looks like only downside is that it now only has a single sliding door…stolen a few ideas from the Cali - chair boot storage, sliding door table stowage, roller blinds & no carpet trim stuck on the walls!

Can’t wait to see the VW offering, as needs to be good!

Also good video below.

Looks like only downside is that it now only has a single sliding door…stolen a few ideas from the Cali - chair boot storage, sliding door table stowage, roller blinds & no carpet trim stuck on the walls!

That doesn’t look half bad tbh!
With 4 wheel drive option. Nice.

Also good video below.

The LHD version of the current Nugget has one sliding door, whereas the RHD version has two. I'm not sure if that same approach will carry over to the new version.

The benefit of the RHD version is you gain that extra door, but the LHD version has a fold-out table where the door would be. With the RHD version you get a separate table leg and table top, which you put together and screw into the floor. The slight problem is that there isn't actually anywhere to store that table top (the leg fits behind the seats).

I wonder if the VW patent on the tailgate chair holder expired etc. , would explain why Ford/Westfalia have included Cali like touches.

I find it a little sad we are going gooey eyed over a competitors Campervan, hoping it will have a VW badge on it at some point when the company is releasing a major new product to the sector. Just goes to show how disconnected VW's leadership appear to be from its target audience and loyal fans.

I find it a little sad we are going gooey eyed over a competitors Campervan, hoping it will have a VW badge on it at some point when the company is releasing a major new product to the sector. Just goes to show how disconnected VW's leadership appear to be from its target audience and loyal fans.
Healthy competition is good thing, might give VW a wake up call. For the Nugget they have tweaked the design based upon user feedback from the current model which is available as SWB or LWB.

It’s all very well VW releasing concept images, launch events etc…but it’s about time VW just pulled their finger out and actually build something that people can get excited about & actually order.

That Nugget looks really good.
Just wish they would bring the Tintop version to the UK market.
Having the kitchen at the back, is a great idea and on the LWB, there was a small cassette toilet too.
My only note, where does the bedding store…?

Volkswagen have gotten greedy and lazy. Customer service is dog sheet. Build quality is way off what it used to be. Very much over-rated and over priced.
Had over twenty years of Volkswagen and I’ve genuinely had enough.
My current work van Transit, is brilliant and really hoping my boss sticks me in a new version…

Never been a fan of Ford products but that looks very interesting with some new ideas included. Well done Ford. It also looks miles better that that VW Multivan thing.

I did have a poke around a brand new previous generation Ford Nugget on a trade stand at a steam fair a couple of years ago. That vehicle was also very nice with a refreshingly different internal layout to the norm. However, IMO it was let down by the interior build quality which came no where close to that of the VW bench mark campervan rival. Huge gaps and cheap looking fittings letting the side down.

Hopefully, Ford have rectified these issues in this thier latest Nugget.

And hot water! Take note VW.

I do like the new Ford Nugget. Chairs now in the tailgate and outdoor table now in the sliding door; where have we seen that before? Big upgrade on previous Nugget

5G hotspot is standard on the new Nugget. 350w optional solar panel on the roof. PHEV and all wheel drive options coming too.

I feel that the new Nugget is going to be a really serious competitor to the Cali.