Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T7 Spyshots.

Well done, you’ve spotted the elephant in the room. Price.
If Volkswagen say £70k, by the time it hits the road, let’s call it £85-£90k.

All the years I had vans, they were a similar price to a nice family car. Now they’re far more expensive.
To a point, it no longer makes sense for the compact camper. Better off with a MWB van and a nice estate car to run alongside.
You could be right there…
But what is a MWB?
Massive wheeled beast ?

Well done, you’ve spotted the elephant in the room. Price.
If Volkswagen say £70k, by the time it hits the road, let’s call it £85-£90k.

All the years I had vans, they were a similar price to a nice family car. Now they’re far more expensive.
To a point, it no longer makes sense for the compact camper. Better off with a MWB van and a nice estate car to run alongside.
Yep I remember the grand being mentioned by VW starting from £57k when it was at this same stage

Still think this is really what the caddy California should have been, so it will appeal.
I think you lot will get what you want, a bigger new cali (ocean/beach). As the new Ford van will have bigger dimensions.
I’m with soul on this I’ll have my little jimny and a bigger van will still be cheaper than a new Cali!

Still think this is really what the caddy California should have been, so it will appeal.
I think you lot will get what you want, a bigger new cali (ocean/beach). As the new Ford van will have bigger dimensions.
I’m with soul on this I’ll have my little jimny and a bigger van will still be cheaper than a new Cali!

This guy has a nice looking Ford.

Interesting…

Watched that this morning. He seemed to warm to it by the end of the trip. Ultimately it will come down to how VW sprinkler their design essence into the recipe. Or if its still a transit with a big VW badge on the front. I'm not sure the VW front end is an improvement tbh. I actually like the face on the Ford.

So potentially the T6.1 engine, looks like Volkswagen window and door switches. I’m sure Volkswagen will sprinkle a few extras on there. Possibly different seats and steering wheel and a branded screen on the digital dash.

I’ve not got a problem with the current (old) transit. There’s parts which are better than the T6. My only grip would be the seating, which isn’t as good as the T6 and it’s a tad over 2m as standard.

Hopefully the new van, doesn’t get Volkswagens software…

Bizarre eyebrows!

One of the most pointless reviews ever. It's a Transit, not a T7.
Not really. The T7's DNA is Ford. Chassis, construction, drivetrain and engine will be Ford....probably. We can all hope for a miracle, especially this time of year though.

Not really. The T7's DNA is Ford. Chassis, construction, drivetrain and engine will be Ford....probably. We can all hope for a miracle, especially this time of year though.
I think there is ample opportunity for VW engineers to tune the engine, transmission and suspension if they weren't happy with the Ford standard or wanted to make a distinction. The interior also allows for customisation. Whether they do any of this or not is up for grabs but testing a Ford Transit today to pronounce on a future T7 is pointless.

I think there is ample opportunity for VW engineers to tune the engine, transmission and suspension if they weren't happy with the Ford standard or wanted to make a distinction. The interior also allows for customisation. Whether they do any of this or not is up for grabs but testing a Ford Transit today to pronounce on a future T7 is pointless.
Not pointless at all. When SEAT changed from being clones of Fiat models to clones of VW models, a lot of information could be anticipated about future SEAT models by looking at the VW chassis and drive trains they would be based on. Of course there will be small variations, but Citroens lost their unique character when they became clones of PSA models. It doesn’t make sense to ignore factual information now available to be observed. For those who follow these things and know that the Chrysler 300 and the identical rebadged Lancia Thema are still based on a Mercedes Benz platform that went out of production in 2009, or that the Jaguar Xtype was a dressed up Mondeo, or that GM caused Saab to pay the ultimate price by basing its last model on the Opel Astra, this information is useful and informative.

Last edited:
Had an Allagro in the 80's. Avante Gard then, weird today, although flat bottomed wheels are quite common.
Give it a few years and rectangular steering wheels will be de rigueur…