Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Test Drive Later Today

It will be collected Monday. And you should get it by Friday :thumb

Thanks again to everyone who helped so much over the last week or so.
We took our van away for Monday and Tuesday night to Devon to get the first trip done. Wrote up about our experiences here:

http://nickswan.net/2015/08/06/campervan-first-trip/

Quick question...when we put the roof down on Tuesday to go home it was pretty dry, may be just a little damp in places from the morning dew. Do people put the roof up again when they get home to make sure it is dried out? Any other checklist of things to do once you get home?

Thanks
Nick

Just read the blog - there is no need to switch off the fridge once it gets cold even off hookup, if the leisure batteries are charged you should be able to leave it running continuously for at least 3 or 4 days. I wouldn't worry about a co2 monitor as long as you've got good ventilation when cooking - we always have the kitchen sliding window open a couple of inches as a minimum.

I thought the carbon monoxide monitor would be more important for when you aren't cooking but a leak occurs? Although I guess the gas smells if it were leaking? Carbon monoxide is only produced when the gas is burnt?

A leaking gas bottle won't produce carbon monoxide just butane which smells. The likely place for a leak is the connections in the gas locker which if you've put the lid on properly is sealed from the inside of the van.

Back