Thank you for the NHS

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
I disclosed in another thread that my Mum suffered a stroke on Saturday,

Wherever I can I will leave a note of my appreciation of Worthing hospital in particular and in general that national treasure that is so under-appreciated and often over-abused, the NHS.

A blue-light paramedic was at my house within three minutes of my dialling 999. An ambulance arrived shorty afterwards. Upon arrival at Worthing she had scans and all sorts within the hour, found a bed in the acute stroke unit, and stabilised.

All this against the backdrop of whilst we were there tannoys were blaring to clear outpatients and casualty of the walking wounded as a Major incident had taken place 4 miles up the road, the Shoreham air crash.

Her care has been exemplary.

I have been treated in hospitals all around the world, in the UK thanks to medical insurance all my treatment, the last for cancer, has been in private hospitals such as the London clinic, until May last year when I was a guest in Worthing for 5 days being treated for acute kidney infection. My treatment could not have been equalled anywhere in the world.

Lord William Beveridge, Nye Bevan, may I say thank you for what you brought into the UK and for all those at the coalface in the NHS, just what a fantastic, brilliant job you do.

It's a good job VW GB don't run the NHS ....

Totally agree Jen.
I had a potentially serious problem picked up by the NHS after a minor infection.
Couldn't believe how quickly and the number of tests that followed in a matter of days.
Seems to me that if there is a serious problem the NHS are on it straight away, more minor issues unfortunatley have to wait. Consequence of bigger population, more advanced care and living longer I guess.
Hope your mum recovers well Jen.

Although my experience with local GPs isn't great, I have to say my experience with accident and emergency departments and any hospital staff with regards to longer term care is absolutely amazing. Experience with a paramedic a couple of years ago for an ill person with us was also amazing.

Thinkin about it reminded me of a campervan related injury I inflicted on myself a couple of years ago, amazing experience from the hospital (and the AA). https://t25campervan.wordpress.com/2013/05/21/mind-your-head-at-the-malvern-hills/ So good there I'd have been delighted if I had had to pay for it.

Speedy recovery Jen's mum!