Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

NHS

Blackpool Victoria A&E dept is probably one of the busiest in the country, amazing staff working in a "warzone" most days and nights due to drink and drugs. It's horrendous to witness if you are admitted for anything else.
I can concur, I had a football injury when I lived in Lytham and oh my lord I’ve never seen so many drunks.

Great nurses and doctors that triaged and xRayd my ankle and sorted me out in no time.

Apart from blood poisoning, my A&E experience has been poor. The last time I went was for an ankle lockup (probably 20years ago). Quite painful. I spent 5hrs waiting and they told me that it was pointless to Xray and rest would do me good. I insisted, so they moaned, took the Xray and were a tad reserved when they spotted bone fragments around the ankle. Had to cheek to tell me that if a fragment got into the ankle that it would be painful and might cause it to lock up. (Understatement / that's why I'm here)

However, what I did notice was a lot of parents and kids. Fallen over, has a bruise, might have knocked his head. Okay, come through. I appreciate its difficult with children but growing up in the 70s you took the knocks.

My sister is a classic example. Her son had a cold when they were visited a few years back. Made an emergency appointment with a local doctor who told her it was a cold. Wasnt happy so went home and to her doctor, who told her it was a cold. Still wasn't happy so ended up in A&E that night. All the checks. Nope, it's still a cold.

Back