Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The coffee thread

Billywizz

Billywizz

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Boil the kettle add 2 tea spoons of coffee 1 spoon of sugar to my I love you daddy mug, when kettle has boiled add the water to the mug and stir.... I have no milk

BayCatOne

BayCatOne

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Ha ha, that's just coffee flavoured hot water.
In the van this is what I do too but at home it's different. Might be looking into something else in the future but I've gone more for tea lately. Sweden is #6 in the world of the most coffee drinking people in the world but I'm a Finn (#1) so with that in mind I'm trying to hold back on my addiction... ;)

Seriously though, if I'd make time to research different espresso-stuff I'd be caught with something in the van too...

Skylark2.0

Skylark2.0

The adventure with Starlight Expess begins
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Essenza mini piano machine on hook up.
We keep a selection for different capsules, including arpeggio, decaf and caramel.
Really quick, no mess. Fab.
I can't stand stray coffee grinds, ugh.

Last edited:
G

Gruff Evans

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I use a portaspresso (the compressed air one)

Portaspresso .jpeg

Ridiculously fiddly, but it makes absolutely fantastic espresso, and when we are away in the van, there isn't generally any time pressure so the whole process becomes therapeutic.
Combined with a bellman stove top steamer you can get a great cappucino/latte etc wherever you are!

ArunAlec

ArunAlec

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Green beans roasted at home in a popcorn maker, then in the van a hand grinder and a simple filter.
At home an Aeropress and La Pavoni espresso machine, and hand grinder.267A4D00-A849-4964-BA79-D8C029292AAF.jpeg

Bellcrew

Bellcrew

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Essenza mini piano machine on hook up.
We keep a selection for different capsules, including arpeggio, decaf and caramel.
Really quick, no mess. Fab.
I can't stand stray coffee grinds, ugh.
We use the Lavazza Mio machine, pods as well, makes the van smell fab first thing in the morning. We rarely wild camp so are practically always on hook up whilst camping.

bvddobb

bvddobb

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174 4Motion
Ha! Love such threads! Our set up:

When there is time: we use the Staresso:

It can work with Nespresso-like cups. Clones of such cups exist in bio-degrable material, so ideal for 'on the road'.

When we have even more time (more of a hassle to clean) we can also do freshly ground coffee with our Time More compact grinder:

When we are 'en route' with little time: a thermos with hot water prepared at breakfast time, and Nescafe instant espresso:

Last edited:
Fast Freddie

Fast Freddie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Ha! Love such threads! Our set up:

When there is time: we use of the Staresso:

It can work with Nespresso-like cups. Clones of such cups exist in bio-degrable material, so ideal for 'on the road'.

When we have even more time (more of a hassle to clean) we can also do freshly ground coffee with our Time More compact grinder:

When we are 'en route' with little time: a thermos with hot water prepared at breakfast time, and Nescafe instant espresso:

Porlex mini grinder for us - small compact and does the job well.

TripleBee

TripleBee

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I don't drink coffee, so I don't make it myself.
There are different ways to get your coffee beans grinded. You can buy in a supermarket, you can buy the beans and grind them yourself. You could even fly over the ocean and pick your own beans from the trees. Then roast them yourself?
But once you have your grinded coffee beans, you just put as much as you want in a filter, pour over some boiled water. Catch up in a mug, or wherever you want to drink out. Add sugar or milk to your taste (or none). And... ready.
Or wasn't that your question?